User Tag List

Thread: Nviscid Turbo Inlet Pipe Standard Inlet

Default Nviscid Turbo Inlet Pipe Standard Inlet

Just wondering whether this adds any extra power to the car??

Thansk

from my not so scientific testing, i would say no
    there maybe gains on a dyno, but i dont feel the car has really gained much

the engine definitely revs more freely though

am quite happy with it, and really just got it to go with the short ram
    Last edited by kagerou; 11-03-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Replacing stock inlet pipe will improve throttle response by enabling the turbo to spool up slightly faster / smoother. Probably see best results when combined with an SRI or CAI

i see there is a 3" and 4' sized pipe...would the 4" inch have such a great effect compared to the 3"?

Thanks

The four inch inlet would most likely hurt throttle response due to the inertia of the greater air mass. A bigger TIP would definitely suit a race car that stays at high rpm and stays on boost and therefore doesn't need to constantly decelerate and accelerate the inlet airflow.

However if you think in terms of Bernoulli, the stock TIP appears to be very well designed to maximise throttle response. On a street driven car I know which one I'd prefer.

Don't be fooled by TIP salesmen who criticise the "restrictive" stock TIP and offer no evidence to support their claims.

Gone to Volvo

the 4 inch inlet pipe is not actually 4 inches in diameter

a 3 inch pipe is the largest diameter pipe you can fit in the space available unless you dont mind not being able to connect the ecu harness, in terms of the mps 3 anyway

what it means is that the end that connects to the turbo inlet is 4 inches in diameter, then tapers down to 3 inches, which means it is made for people using bigger turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    the 4 inch inlet pipe is not actually 4 inches in diameter

a 3 inch pipe is the largest diameter pipe you can fit in the space available unless you dont mind not being able to connect the ecu harness, in terms of the mps 3 anyway

what it means is that the end that connects to the turbo inlet is 4 inches in diameter, then tapers down to 3 inches, which means it is made for people using bigger turbos.
    Correct
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids