User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Received and Installed CP-e FMIC Last night

Default Received and Installed CP-e FMIC Last night

couldnt keep hands to myself so we installed it last night.. ALL GOOD!

Need to find someone with a Car lift so i can install downpipe.. im not really feeling having to install it on the ground...

Blog Entries

Looks great!

sprayed the hose clamps and the section of visable silver pipe to black with Caliper Spray just to make the install less conspicuous from the front on visual..

comparison shot from when the kit was on PAZO4Us car

and now on mine..
    Last edited by Ranton; 18-03-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Good work mate, any issues with the install? Happy with the fit of the FMIC?

Excellent fit.. There are few places where the pipe work runs and you think FARK thats close..

but upon closer inspection there is plenty of clearance and the intercooler bolts up asthou it was factory fitment..

car seems to be extra repsonsive now and pulls a bit harder.. i havent really wound it up much

im waiting on a replacement DV

looking good mate. whered you get yours from? an how long did it take to u to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by langer5489 View Post
    looking good mate. whered you get yours from? an how long did it take to u to fit?
    Got mine from PAZO4u in Sydney it was 2 months old..

took from 8pm til 12:30 to install as neither of us had any idea what we were doing and the CP-e instructions i found were vauge..

ok cool. Where is the BPV/BOV located and are you running the stock BPV? I have a turbosmart one and im wandering if there would be any clearance issues.

great to hear that you got it all sorted out

i noticed you replaced the horns, how do you have the wiring set up?

i installed my downpipe with a hoist, but honestly, its not required since you have a set of jack stands

i felt it was easier for me to do the install lying on my back than standing under the car
    Last edited by kagerou; 09-03-2010 at 06:18 PM.

looking very good! good to see it landed at your doorstep and not at the cuzzies in south

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    great to hear that you got it all sorted out

i noticed you replaced the horns, how do you have the wiring set up?

i installed my downpipe with a hoist, but honestly, its not required since you have a set of jack stands

i felt it was easier for me to do the install lying on my back than standing under the car
    hey kagerou.. thank you.. i dunno working that far under the car with it that close to the ground sketches me out a little bit.. but you say its possible?

I do have access to a lift now as i would love to get the DP in before Dyno day.. also hope my replacement BPV arrives intime as something is going on in the higher gears.. the car seems to be either loosing boost or the throttle is ocillating.. ie opening shutting repetitivly.. (this happend before the FMIC installed.. will chuck the diag on tomorow to check faults

with REgards to the horn..

I used the factory Horn wire as a Trigger to Switch the Relay to one.. i ran a new 12V fused 15A source straight from the battery i didnt trust the gauge of the factory wire to take the load of both of them.. i have pmed you a run down of the pictures... etc

i can draw you a wire diagram if you need but yeah... lemme know

Very nice

For me the FMIC didnt make much diference or not enough for me to notice, however I did it for the benefits of better airflow, dont think FMIC is much of a power mod.

Wait until you put on the DP there is where i noticed a massive difference

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Very nice

For me the FMIC didnt make much diference or not enough for me to notice, however I did it for the benefits of better airflow, dont think FMIC is much of a power mod.

Wait until you put on the DP there is where i noticed a massive difference
    I think its a power mod for the extended future for when remapping comes in to play..

however.. removal of TMIC Heat soak is never a bad thing.. and now my car as a subtle bad ass look Ala Ford F6 Typhoon

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by langer5489 View Post
    ok cool. Where is the BPV/BOV located and are you running the stock BPV? I have a turbosmart one and im wandering if there would be any clearance issues.
    BPV is located directly next to the Throttle Flap

not far initial location.. just lower and rotated slightly forward...

I did have to make a new braket for my SRI to mount to but that was easy enough to do yesterday..

looking real tidy mate. Nice work

Hope my Forge BPV arrives on time..

16. Default

Which forge did you go with?

personally, i would have gone with the turbosmart streetunit bpv, no mucking around with shims and springs

I installed a plumb back 'Turbosmart' BPV yesterday & i can't really say i can notice the difference. Then again i haven't really given it a hard time yet......

This is the site TURBOSMART: BLOW-OFF and BYPASS VALVES - KOMPACT SERIES - NEW FOR 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    Which forge did you go with?

personally, i would have gone with the turbosmart streetunit bpv, no mucking around with shims and springs
    Both valves are great!. The forge valve (spring operated) is easy to set up. You just need to undo the top and swap the yellow spring with the blue one (works perfect with stock or mildy modded setup). You can play around with the shims if want to fine tune.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

I went with the Forge Valve that has the Sideways Orientation

The Valve currently seems to be opening and shutting under highboost

ie intake sort of makes a waah pssh pssh pssh

Almost sounds like im drivng releasing my Throttle pedal rapidly under boost..

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    I installed a plumb back 'Turbosmart' BPV yesterday & i can't really say i can notice the difference. Then again i haven't really given it a hard time yet......

This is the site TURBOSMART: BLOW-OFF and BYPASS VALVES - KOMPACT SERIES - NEW FOR 2010!
    looks exactly the same as the street unit one except the branding is in a different location

probably even the same unit

how much did it cost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast