User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tall Person looking at a MPS

1. Default Tall Person looking at a MPS

Hi all new here,

Im just about to buy a new work car.

Budget is around 40k

At the moment I am looking at a Ralliart Lancer as I like the DSG, my last car was a WRX and I found that I would get a sore knee from pushing the clutch in on an angle due to long legs. Are there any tall guys on here that can vouch for legroom, I am 6'5" and have driven manuals in the past without issue but the wrx didnt have a telescopic steering wheel. I looked at a standard mazda 3 recently for one of our staff and seemed to fit resonable well in that, mind you the clutch was quite soft.

The only other issue I am worried about is having only FWD does the torque steer get annoying? my last wrx was quite quick and makes most cars slow now so I probably wont be doing any mods to it.

198cm Here!!!

Yep, Room is fine.. I personally dont fit well into the new WRX.
    My mate has a new impreza and its very uncomfortable to drive.

If you want a quick car for 40k, take the MPS... the Ralliart feels slow and has the same interior as an ES, the WRX is softer compared to your one (STi FTW). Golf is a top daily, but lacks balls.

The only other option (which I still like) is an FG XR6T (yeah hate me!).

Where are you located and what model are you looking at? (Gen I or II?)

Oh.. and WELCOME!

Cheers
    Justin

PS.. Torque steer is for limp wristed journos.. They give it a bad name, reccomend test driving it.. you will be too busy grinning to even notice. If anything its one of the best qualities of the car.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Welcome

My dad is 6 3 and he drove my car the other day and he appeared not have any issues.

Note the 3 has a lot of options with the driving position.

I would only say if you carry people in the back a lot it might be an issue with leg room in the back.

The torque steer does not bother me one bit.

4. Default

It would be new or demo so Gen 2, I did look at fords but they are just too big ive driven small cars my whole life and drove a mates XR6T and it felt like a boat, it was fast though!

I actually had a wagon wrx lol was a bit of a sleeper.

Ill go for a test drive this week, is there any extras that are to die for or is standard guise good enough.

I bought a standard ES over the 3 for our employee it drives really well. The Ralliart will be optioned with leather so bit better than the cloth. Also I really do like the DSG mainly because i'm lazy.

I'm 186cm, and the same as jmac, have no trouble with room.
    The reach adjust is great, but also the height adjustment on the seat makes a big difference.

Hey, I'm the same height as Jmac and the 3 MPS is a good fit for me, plenty of room. Many options for driving position as well with good range of adjustment. There was a guy here in Qld who used to drive the SP23 (model below the MPS - non turbo) and he was about 202cm or so, and didn't seem to have any problems fitting in.

I couldn't fit in the Focus XR5 (headroom) and the WRX felt a little too tight for me around the knees.

Torque steer is easily managed (and fun!). Good luck with the search.

I have to admit though, the lancers do have a bit of room.. after seeing how they go though, I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    The only other option (which I still like) is an FG XR6T (yeah hate me!).
    Nah won't hate you, but would prefer the FPV F6 myself, but I've already got a boat, so would consider something smaller

Welcome FatCat and good hunting for your MPS, judging from the tone of the replies, you're probably out negotiating a deal as I write this
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

9. Default

Haha not quite this early but I will be driving something later today, I am interested in getting the Nav option but they seems to have quite a small screen has anyone else had experienced this?

Blog Entries

Yeah the only problem you might come across is people in the back and their leg room.

I am 6foot2 and my wife is 6foot and if we have our front seats at a comfortable position in the front lets just say I wouldn't want to be anywhere near 6foot in the back

Quote Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
    Haha not quite this early but I will be driving something later today, I am interested in getting the Nav option but they seems to have quite a small screen has anyone else had experienced this?
    Nav is not an option it is standard. The screen in the same size as most of the hand held ones and is positioned to make it very easy to read

12. Default

I was thinking of getting the Nav option, the Ralliart was priced at $45000 with nav and leather, the mazda looks like it will come in under that which is good news. I have seen quite a few demo's for 36ish no nav though. It doesnt look like a double din install would be easy am I correct?

Welcome FatCat, I'm 5ft. 5" and don't have any problems driving my 3MPS. The wooden blocks on the pedals are a bit of a nuisance though!!

6'1" and have no issues with my daughter's MPS3 or my MPS6. In fact I have my seat foward a fraction for pedal reach and I have real long legs! The column is adjustable for rake and reach too.

16. Default

Interior of the lancer leaves a lot to be desired...

"Do you find something comical about my appearance when I am driving my automobile?"

Off topid slightly, I'm 5'10" and I can't comment on legroom etc but after driving a WRX you'll think you're sitting in Mission Control once you get in to a Mazda. One of the main reasons I went for the MPS over the WRX was the cheapness of the WRX interior, I felt like I should be grateful they even put a clock in there...Lancers aren't much different.

MPS has standard leather, standard satnav, cruise control (XR5 doesn't have this), Bose stereo all for under 40k, can't beat that.

Torque steer? I noticed it the first time I put my foot down on my test drive but after that I remember to keep a good grip on the steering wheel, it's really not an issue.

19. Default

Im pretty tall and have ni issues in my MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    I have to admit though, the lancers do have a bit of room.. after seeing how they go though, I was disappointed.
    I am really surprised how disappointing the E-faux's performance is, I have had several of them try and have a go (on private roads of course) and they all come off second best, by a long shot.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast