User Tag List

Thread: Storm Covers

Default Storm Covers

Hi guys,
    I recently moved house which means I now have to drive to work everyday and park it in a public open carpark. There is no undercover parking in the entire complex and I'm a little nervous about the horrid weather we have been experiencing, mainly worried about hail storms. I emailed Caravan Cover, Car Cover, Boat Covers and Custom for a 'stormcover' quote for my car. I know car covers can scratch your paint, but if i put it on carefully, and keep my car as clean as possible, I'm sure it would work out better than be covered in hail damage right?

I will post here how much it will cost if anyone is interested when I receive a reply.

Does anybody else have any recommendations on what I could do?

Steve

Buy a second hand car and drive that to work! At least you know that the good car will be safe!

hahaha, that has seriously crossed my mind

Not sure that this would save you from hail though?
    Could get some roof racks and put a huge mattress on top!!

Our VN Commodore is the car we drive in storms!

Storm car FTW

People at my work tease me when a storm comes because I am constantly looking out the window at the car. I considered a car cover.. But I dont want to have to change my nickname to "Precious", which I know the guys at work will start calling me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedN View Post
    People at my work tease me when a storm comes because I am constantly looking out the window at the car. I considered a car cover.. But I dont want to have to change my nickname to "Precious", which I know the guys at work will start calling me.
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm constantly being made fun of for being "precious" about my car. I don't have a window in my office though so am constantly walking out to the warehouse door to suss things out with this awesome weather we've been enjoying

It's only 4 months old though so I reckon I'm entitled to be a little precious still!! And hello! If a bird decides to take a dump on my car, I'm going to clean it off straight away!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

haha. i check my car a lot also. and i would be insane to prefer dings covering my car over the boys not paying me out. they obviously drive shait cars

I was offered a job today and i said i need to check out the parking situation before i decide whether to work here... he offered to let me use the lock up garage out the back