User Tag List

Thread: First time buyer of 3 mps

1. Default First time buyer of 3 mps

Hi guys! Its my first post as a new member and I have few questions for you guys out there. I am in the process of buying a 3 mps 06 07 at the moment and I would love some insight what to look for any faults to look for before purchasing.Secondly does it really matter between buying an 06 or 07 around the 50kms mark on the clock and nearly the same price point at around 26k, does colour play a big part on resale black as opposed to red? Thirdly where can I get bonnet decals displaying mps that run on both sides of the bonnet?
    Kind Regards BAM

Just a query, is this the red one for private sale on the Sunny Coast ?

3. Default

you can buy bonnet stripes from hotcarstuff on here, he makes them

Welcome and Im sure you will be happy with whatever year model or colour you get.

Being honest though I would prob say getting a blcak one may effect resale only because every little stone chip scratch etc is going to be much more visible than on a red car. If your going to maintain and look after it well then the colour shouldnt matter, so just get whatever makes you happy
    Last edited by blackbetty; 07-03-2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Welcome onboard Bam

Welcome Bam, have a look at these posts for some 3MPS info etc

Good hunting for your MPS and enjoy the forums

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...nty-fixes.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...model-buy.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Just look for the best condition with low km's as the km's seem to be what keeps resale value nowdays.

7. Default 3 mps

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasmart View Post
    Just a query, is this the red one for private sale on the Sunny Coast ?
    Hi Ultrasmart, I was looking at 2 red car on car sales and 2 black ones aswell. There was a red one I saw on sunny coast for sale I think at Buddrim?

Quote Originally Posted by bam View Post
    Hi Ultrasmart, I was looking at 2 red car on car sales and 2 black ones aswell. There was a red one I saw on sunny coast for sale I think at Buddrim?
    Yes, Buderim. I rang and chatted to the guy. He reckons he bought it 2nd hand modded, and making 258kw (flywheel). Also said it has upgraded audio system. I questioned him re details of upgrades, but he was very vague... Think he said it's done high 40 k's, and is asking $26k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasmart View Post
    Yes, Buderim. I rang and chatted to the guy. He reckons he bought it 2nd hand modded, and making 258kw (flywheel). Also said it has upgraded audio system. I questioned him re details of upgrades, but he was very vague... Think he said it's done high 40 k's, and is asking $26k.
    He would be about the 3rd owner of that car. Was located on teh Gold Coast at one point. It's tuned (XEDE) if I'm not mistaking and also has/had? full exhaust, itake etc. Should be good for a good 200+ kw atw

He is right about buying it modded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

welcome to the forum bam. enjoy

Welcome onboard BAM

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub enjoy and good luck

Col