User Tag List

Thread: Christmas Day Detail

Default Christmas Day Detail

Who says you can't polish a turd and turn it into gold?

Spent Christmas day doing this with my brother who use to detail. It's his old beat up Charade. Single stage red paint. Fades like nothing else, but how good does it come up with a buff and seal!

Prima Cut on Orange CCS
    Prima Swirl on Green CCS
    Prima Finish on White CCS
    Prima Amigo on Black CCS
    Prima Epic applied by hand for a change
    Prima Hydro used dry (rather than like a wash and wax)

BEFORE

AFTER

Blog Entries

Magic- need to find an oxidised red and have a go at that myself- great job there Joel.

Yeah mate, comes up so good. Only problem is he needs to keep on it cause as soon as the protection wears off, it will start to go back to what it was. I'll have to layer up the Epic and then make sure he reapplies every 4 months or so. I wanted to give it a coat of the Victoria Wax but couldn't as the sealant needs to cure for 24 hours. Maybe I'll do that next time too as it will give the colour a whole new look.

So enjoyable to do a detail like this and seeing the results.

Blog Entries

He must be wrapped.

Did you have to throw the pads out after the oxidization removal or can they be washed and used on different coloured cars again?

Nevermind Guest

this is a joke right, there not the same cars....

good job!

Yeah I can just wash the pads. Some discolouring may be in the foam, but it won't affect their use. My brother is wrapped for sure. He was gonna sell it to some bloke for $500 but has decided to keep it now!

Nevermind, I don't blame you for thinking that because they don't look like the same car, but it is! Just without all the oxidised top layers of paint.

ha... just added 2 grand to a sale of that thing... haha nice work...

Blog Entries

WOW.... very impressive.

Awesome

Thanks guys. It was a fair bit of hard work, but worth it in the end just to see the change in the car!

I'm thinking about buying an old beat up bomb like that, detailing half the car and leaving the other half like the before shot and putting some Zen Automotive Suppliers advertising on it. So if you see a car like that driving around Sydney honk me