User Tag List

Thread: clunky suspension 2010 mps

Default clunky suspension 2010 mps

hey all ,i picked up our jan 10 mps 2 weeks ago ..its done 900kms and wondering if anyone has noisy suspension? its like clunky over every bump we go over at any time... this does not sound normal to me ..can someone shed some light with a current mps and tell me this is normal? its booked next friday for its 1000km service

This seems to be normal on all Gen 2 3's, Mazda australia is coming down to look at my mums SP25 and the new CX-7 as they have suspension clunks and knocks too.. stay tuned, ill update you

Weird, ive done 15000 and i havent heard any clunks..

no clunks for me either

not so much clunks..just hear every bump you go over with the radio off..its weird ..went away over the weekend started off on 300kms got back on 1500.. 1000kms service friday so will be putting the suspension and nav issues to them.. the nav got confused for about a hour dont know if this is normal? was looking for the M1 kept telling me it was left ahead in so many meters then that point would go past and did it over and over for 80 kms till i actually reached the M1

6. Default

Hi,
    I too own a 2010 MPS with about 1000km on it and I can also detect some kind of bump noise coming from the right rear suspension. I intend to get mazda to have a look at the next service. It only seems to "clunk" when I go over some large bumps, but definitely sounds louder then it should be.

they are just going to tell you its normal..mps has stiffer suspension/springs etc..i made sure they noted it for future concerns

the only annoying thing in mine is the noise when i change gears.. a clunky type of noise also. have been told it is normal as well, i don't know i would expect a 40k car to quiet of the showroom floor.

Everything is normal until enough people complain about it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by MPS III View Post
    the only annoying thing in mine is the noise when i change gears.. a clunky type of noise also. have been told it is normal as well, i don't know i would expect a 40k car to quiet of the showroom floor.
    I've got the same noise!

And as usual the overhead drivers lights are rattling.

Was going to bring it up on my next service.

Just thought it was the way i was driving.

The noise is intermittent however.

11. Default

i don't think my clunk is the suspension now, when I open the rear hatch there is a clunk about half way up in opening it. Sounds like something is loose inside the tailgate. This seems to be confirmed by the clunk occuring when I change direction on occassions rather then going over a bump.

12. Default

I've only done 300kms and also have a clunk on changing gears, most noticebly in second and third. Doesn't do it every time though.

My 2nd and 3rd aren't clunky but I sometimes find it hard to get in to first when I'm rolling to a stop, obviously with the clutch in, feels like bad synchro and I'm not sure if it's normal..anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mickee View Post
    no clunks for me either
    thats coz urs is white !! its special!!
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

My Mazda 3 MPS has just done 5000klm no noise from the suspension.
    Under no circumstances accept an answer that is normal from the dealer.
    I had a Mazda a arm fitted as part of the purchase. It changed the functionality of the lock request button in the taillight - changed from lock only to lock and unlock but it did not activate or de activate the alarm. At the 1000klm check up I rasied the problem and was told that's normal. I took it up with Mazda direct (refused to be referref back to the dealer) only to find out that Mazda does not make an alarm for a 2010 MPS so the dealer had fitted one from another model. Thus the functionality problem. The alarm has since been removed at the fealers cost, my money refunded and I have had a Cobra alarm fitted at far less cost that works perfect.

Wal
    MAzd 3 MPS 2010 luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    My 2nd and 3rd aren't clunky but I sometimes find it hard to get in to first when I'm rolling to a stop, obviously with the clutch in, feels like bad synchro and I'm not sure if it's normal..anyone?
    i noticed and brought it up with the dealer on 1000km service ..when slowing to a stop putting back into first sometimes crunches ...like the car has to be at a full stop to put into first

Sorry don't you have to come to a complete stop to put back into first, in any car?

I would not even think to put it back into first without the car stopped.

Cluck in the gear box comes when you are changing quickly. Changing normally no cluck.

Quote Originally Posted by desssa View Post
    i noticed and brought it up with the dealer on 1000km service ..when slowing to a stop putting back into first sometimes crunches ...like the car has to be at a full stop to put into first
    Yea i also do notice that "clunky" sound when i go over big speed bumps... I'd imagine its normal if everyones getting it...? lol and yea i do notice that too, its like the synchro has a lock at a certain speed for downshifting to 1st gear. i realized u gotta get it down to at least >20km/h to shift into 1st from rolling, otherwise from a full stop... Makes it pain in the arse when u pull up at the lights and then suddenly it turns green and u gotta chuck it into 1st but can't then chuck it in to 2nd but gotta rev it up to launch it... lol quite annoying sometimes.

my car has 3000kms now and have not noticed that crunch into first for a while .. but the suspension still annoys me