User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom RP

Default Custom RP

Hey guys

I have a custom RP just sitting about atm..
    Item:custom RP
    Item Condition: Looks like a stock 2nd cat.. gasket in good condition
    Reason for selling: Dont use it anymore
    Price and price conditions: Make me some offers
    Extra Info: it started life off as the second cat.. however it has been gutted, and has had a straight through pipe welded in the restrictive cats place. All welds are neat, and in exactly the same place as the mazda factory welds.

So, you'll have a nice race pipe.. that will look stock..
    Pictures: if req'd

PM me some offers if interested

Doc
    Last edited by Doc; 05-03-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Doc, use the for sale template, you know you want to .

didnt know about that templet

bum bump it will fool mazda if you go for service with them...

what are the benefits of thie 'race pipe'?

Does it change the exhaust note?

Does it just bolt up to the original exhaust setup. So I would not have to make any cuts?

Thanks

Benefits: Removes second cat. ie it removes the second largest restriction in the exhaust. (biggest being the 1st cat/factory downpipe) Car will spool a little earlier/faster, and will have a bit more punch.. Car feels less asthmatic with this bolted up

It IS the exact part you will be replacing.. externally anyway... I have gutted it, and had a straight through pipe welded internally (rather than just gutting it and having turbulent airflow choking up the exhaust path with vorticies as it swirls in the open space of the cat.. sorry im a fluid dynamics nut).. so yes, it will bolt straight up.. no cutting no nothing... It looks identical to your stock piece from the outside.. even the welds are in the stock position.
    So no problems taking to mazda for service..

Sound wise.. It made little to no difference to sound.. I honestly say it was less than 5% if anything... I couldnt tell squat difference to be honest..

sounds good.. pictures?

PM's replied..

havent bother taking pics yet.. just seeing if anyone interested..

ill take some tomorrow..

Cheers for the interest guys..

1st offer will get it

Doc

what is it worth. i dunno how much something like that would go for?

150 and its yours

Wonders what happens when rego comes due for a street car, and the mechanic sticks that emisions sensor thingo in the exhaust pipe and no 2nd cat?

Faster spooling DOES sound like it would be nice tho.....

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Red View Post
    Wonders what happens when rego comes due for a street car, and the mechanic sticks that emisions sensor thingo in the exhaust pipe and no 2nd cat?

Leon
    Emissions check for rego? Where do you live? Is it a NSW thing?

I've never heard of it? Maybe I'm sheltered...........
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

News to me too, never had one done for a pink slip before, might be a blue slip requirement, besides if your that worried about it you can swap your original cat back in for the test anyway.

As far as I know, a gen 1 will pass its emission's requirements with a single cat anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    150 and its yours
    Does this fit a MPS6?

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Red View Post

Leon
    Don't think it's a Rego issue. Might be an issue when you go for a roadworthy but you could easily stick the cat back on before hand. As far as emissions tests go you would have to be REALLY UNLUCKY to get done for this. Removing the 2nd Cat doesn't make your exhaust any louder (slightly deeper exhaust note maybe) so it won't attract any undue attention.

It is the cheapest exhaust mod you can do by far because it doesn't involve excessive labour time. $150 is a great price for this part. You could buy one from the US. Prices range from $120 - $200 but then you need to add $100 + for postage due to the weight + convert to Australian dollars which equates to around the $300 dollar mark delivered.

The midpipe on the 6 MPS is different to the 3.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

sweet.. guys thanx for answering for me.. bump

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    The midpipe on the 6 MPS is different to the 3.
    Thanks, no where does it say it is only for a 3 that's why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Emissions check for rego? Where do you live? Is it a NSW thing?

I've never heard of it? Maybe I'm sheltered...........
    ooops.... my bad.... in the past I have seen the mechanic doing the rego check stick some sort of probe up the tailpipe and I was certain I had read a "percentage CO" figure on the printout. Just checked with the mechanic who does my car and he tells me that "no, that isnt the case", not for rego checks anyway.

You learn something new every day and it looks like you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. I will just go sit (quietly) back in my corner now.

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

Just to clarify.. this is for a Gen 1 MPS 3 guys.. sorry for the lack of info

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Just to clarify.. this is for a Gen 1 MPS 3 guys.. sorry for the lack of info
    Thanks for clarifying that Doc. Only for a 3 heh...... BUGGA !!

I would have been onto this like a seagull on a hot chip if it fitted a 6. Fast spooling/quick throttle response makes for fun driving, and the price seemed right. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast