User Tag List

Thread: xcarlink (usb/sd card port/convertor and MPS6 bose stereo

Default xcarlink (usb/sd card port/convertor and MPS6 bose stereo

Ive got a 05 MPS6 with the bose stereo system, however it doenst play burnt cds in mp3 format.
    Did some research on here and the net and have been trying to find a place to purchase a xcarlink adaptor/usb port

This looks like it might be my best bet

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180473414316&fromMakeT rack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

before I click buy it now…
    anyone use these? It says on that site that its compatable with mazda 6 (im assuming the MPS/bose falls in that category?)

That should work with your stereo, but if you are using an iPod it probably wont allow you to change your song with the steering wheel, it's set up to use usb thumbsticks and SD cards etc. Can't say 100% if it will work with any MP3 player honestly but just thought I'd warn you.

i dont own an ipod.
    i want to use usb/sd cards

anways just got a reply from seller...and they dont know (if it will work with mps) and they said to check google or mps forums?
    farrk.
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 05-03-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Sounds like we have the same car. I have something similar from Audiolink (which is now Xcarlink) which I got a few years ago, and reading the description of the installation notes, it sounds similar (but mine doesn't have SD card support). Make sure you find out whether it's for USB or IPOD (the heading of the item mentions Ipod, but further down it says USB) as I believe it will only do one or the other.