User Tag List

Thread: Engine Light On

Default Engine Light On

Hey guys,
    Engine light came on last night driving home. I dont notice anything wrong with the car and I have done probably about 120ks since I saw it yesterday arvo so I assume it is just the rain yesterday must have set it off?

Once the light comes on, it doesnt go off until the ecu is reset correct?

Yes that is right, but its likely it will come back if something is not right, we can all only assume what triggered the CEL but the only way to know whats causing it is if you have access to a DashHawk which will retrieve the code and give you a description of where the CEL is coming from.

Cel ???

Check Engine Light

CEL = Check Engine Light

A group buy for Dashhawks just started up... Could be a good investment

yeah sounds like it might be a worthwhile investment, thanks guys :-)

Though, is there any way of reseting it without taking it to mazda even if I knew what the code was?

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Ignore..That has been answered on a billion other threads :-p

my engine light came on when I first got the car and they told me it was the sensor, so they replaced it, now less then 4 months later it is on again so I am again without a car so they can check it out again, anyone else have this problem?

Disconnect the battery for more than 5 minutes, then reconnect, if your CEL comes back on, then you need to track some issue. A DH will tell you what it is or you can get Mazda to hook it up to their system. You will need to reset your window auto-up/down, your electric/memory seats if you have them and your radio stations after the battery disconnection.