User Tag List

Thread: How can I remove the Stencilled Branding on a Front Mount Intercooler

Default How can I remove the Stencilled Branding on a Front Mount Intercooler

As the Title says..

I would like to remove the Stenciled on Branding that will be on my CP-e FMIC when it arrives..

I was initially going to Annodize the intercooler Black and Ceramic Coat the pipework Matte Black.. but am thinking i will just Ceramic Coat the pipe work and leave the Intercooler Bare Silver/Flesh Alloy.

I have stuff at work called TergoFoss. When you put it on Alloy it makes a Fizzing noise and almost takes the top micon layer of alloy off.. it leaves the alloy with a Satin like Finish..

but yeah.. as pretty as the CP-e Gear is i dont really want to go parading around with a branded intercooler... i may as well have bought a big GREDDY stencil for it.?

Anyone stripped off the Stenciled Logo?

I just used a bit of paint stripper on mine, just the regular Selleys gel stuff from Bunnings, didnt take much effort at all, just painted it on, agitated it with a toothbrush, let it sit for a few minutes, and hosed it off, from memory I did 2 applications, you can still see the residual paint in between the fins etc if you look hard enough, but you cant see anything when looking straight on.

Here are some pics just after the install, you can just see a ghost of the logo that was there without the bar on, but once its all back together you cant see it.

Last edited by MattMPS3; 02-03-2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Added pics
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks Mr MattMPS3

its not straight

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I just used a bit of paint stripper on mine, just the regular Selleys gel stuff from Bunnings, didnt take much effort at all, just painted it on, agitated it with a toothbrush, let it sit for a few minutes, and hosed it off, from memory I did 2 applications, you can still see the residual paint in between the fins etc if you look hard enough, but you cant see anything when looking straight on.

Here are some pics just after the install, you can just see a ghost of the logo that was there without the bar on, but once its all back together you cant see it.

out of interest matt what happens with all the built in Air Ram Shrouding ETC under the hood?

not really much point in having a Rubber Seal thingy flappying around under there?

Corksport have a bad habit of plastering their logo over every component too. I've always believed that when when one pays for a component, one isn't paying to advertize it free. If the manufacturer wants you to advertize for them, then you should get a discount. I picked up a new car once from a dealer and I told them I wanted the dealer's name sticker removed from the back window before I took delivery, unless they wanted to pay me for running around advertizing their company. They weren't happy but were obliged to do as I asked.

Back on topic, be careful what stripper you use on alloys and always wash it off thoroughly with heaps of water, preferably warm water. Most of them are caustic which reacts viciously with alloy and will seriously degrade a light fin-type core element very quickly. Use a test piece first.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    out of interest matt what happens with all the built in Air Ram Shrouding ETC under the hood?

not really much point in having a Rubber Seal thingy flappying around under there?
    I left the plastic shroud & air diverters under the bonnet, plenty of clearance with the new plumbing in place, I figure the cool air is now blowing over the turbo / exhaust so cant be doing any harm, I did remove the rubber flappy seal thingy bit though, it just unclipped from the shroud.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

hmmm

fair enough..

i may blank it off and run a cold air feed in a similar fassion over to the pod filter..