User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torn between 2 cars

1. Default Torn between 2 cars

Hi all!!!

New to this site....and just got home from test driving the new Golf GTI, nice car.....but it just doesn't have the balls!!!! Test driving the MPS on Friday..Cant Wait!!!

2. Default

you wont be torn at all ... you will be like what Golf ... boring as bat sht Hope you have fun on Friday and get some deep heat for your cheeks which will be aching from grinning

i hate to say it but look into getting a second hand golf (mark 5 pref) and have a chat to the guys at oettinger or the likes, they can mash some serious power out of the 2 litre golf motor, and it turns into a VERY capable car.

I didn't go the golf cause i had to buy new and golf was too exxy, but if i had a choice of cash to put down that's the way i reckon i would go.

the golf gti is a great all rounder,but if you want frills and balls i think you will lean towards the mps.

welcome to the forum. good luck on your choice. both pretty cool cars.

You'll be getting the MPS

pfft.. what golf :P

Welcome to OZMPSClub.com

Highly recommend calling two dealers and organising back to back test drives.. just dont take the MPS first if you want the golf to have a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    pfft.. what golf :P

Welcome to OZMPSClub.com

Highly recommend calling two dealers and organising back to back test drives.. just dont take the MPS first if you want the golf to have a chance

+1 I'd do the same too, good hunting for your hot hatch

oh and Welcome too!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

9. Default

tough choice indeed, both are great cars. welcome too

Question Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

A little from column A a little from column B

A= Golf exellent car that is so good its boring Golf is 4 old men & ladies who play golf .

B= MPS adrenalin on 4 wheels ,a real drivers car with 8/10 pucker factor every MPS should come with a tube of hemeroid cream in the glove box unbeatable bang for your hard earned bucks Is there really a choice I don't think so ! Check to see if you still have pulse if you do there is no choice .
    PS with your new MPS

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 02-03-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Welcome !

Agree totally with Col's comments....

MPS's are unique cars with a bit of flair .... the Golf is nice, but more sedate

Look forward to your final conclusions...

I test drove both cars before i made up my mind aswell.....

The golf was a seriously nice car!! does everything very well and was definatly a class above in features,comfort etc.....but it was VERY boring to drive and definatly didnt have the excitment factor that the MPS has, I also couldnt justify spending the same amount on a car that had done over 50,000kms compared to my MPS which was a mazda demo car with 8000kms

On a side not though......A mate of mine has a fully optioned golf gti and has a bluefin chip, tein coilovers with EDFC... etc etc and it is now a complete car!!! they are sooo easy ( and cheap) to mod and the engines are very tough

Blog Entries

Easy....

MPS = Brute Force Power

Golf GTI = Refined Power and Build

If you want something that will rip your arms off get the MPS but if you want something you want to cruise around in and also give it a bit every now and again get the Golf.

Note the Golf will get pretty much no cop attention where the MPS probably will haha

Two nice cars to be looking at. I came down to the same two cars in the end.
    GTI was definately nicer and easier to drive, but once I test drove the MPS the GTI felt like a nanna's car.
    But compared to other cars out there the GTI is an awesome machine.
    I know someone else that came down to the same two cars, and he chose the MPS as well and now regrets it, but he only regrets it because he has hurt his knee and struggles to drive the MPS where as he would have got the DSG in the GTI and would be fine.

Well from that statement you are getting the MPS yeah ? Welcome. .

golf build ftw
    mps power ftw!!

Question Decisions, decisions, decisions ~!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    golf build ftw
    mps power ftw!!
    True Antony but the guy still has to choose

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Of course it has to be the MPS!

My boss drives a Golf GTI and is constantly bagging the crap out of mine - personally I reckon it's jealousy, otherwise why would he keep hounding me to drive it? I haven't caved yet

I took a couple of pics of them side by side the other day (currently in my album titled Red) and a picture really does say a thousand words!!

To quote a Topgear article I read......
    "Find a straight piece of motorway, bury the throttle in third and feel the horizon hoover you in as the MPS gets on boost at around 2,500rpm and keeps pulling hard to 6,000rpm - it's clear you're in a serious bit of machinery."

Good luck Friday - you won't be disappointed

Smile Youvé nailed it leelu !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Of course it has to be the MPS!

My boss drives a Golf GTI and is constantly bagging the crap out of mine - personally I reckon it's jealousy, otherwise why would he keep hounding me to drive it? I haven't caved yet

I took a couple of pics of them side by side the other day (currently in my album titled Red) and a picture really does say a thousand words!!

To quote a Topgear article I read......
    "Find a straight piece of motorway, bury the throttle in third and feel the horizon hoover you in as the MPS gets on boost at around 2,500rpm and keeps pulling hard to 6,000rpm - it's clear you're in a serious bit of machinery."

Good luck Friday - you won't be disappointed
    HAAAH the lady is always right (EVEN WHEN SHE'S WRONG) I agree
    + 1 FTW
    Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 03-03-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

mps powa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast