User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front Mount Intercooler

Not really, but plenty of people up here fail the attitude test and that's when they get done for things that may be borderline.

If you're enough of an idiot the Police will defect a standard vehicle for everything they can think of. The onus is on you to prove the vehicle is legal, not the Police to prove it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Not really, but plenty of people up here fail the attitude test and that's when they get done for things that may be borderline.

If you're enough of an idiot the Police will defect a standard vehicle for everything they can think of. The onus is on you to prove the vehicle is legal, not the Police to prove it's illegal.
    His looks neat and tucked away, the judge had a giggle when he saw and read the report and said it wasn't his lucky day that day and slaped him for $100 and he lost a point for the infringement.... So wrong police must have better things to do when they have nothing to do rather than pull people over for no reason, they even followed him for 3 k's to work and pulled him over at the back of his dock at work...... Must be a law for this, citizen arest towards police officer when out of line,lets get that passed through government, the world will become a safer place
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

There's a bit of a blitz on defective vehicles at the moment in SEQ, I think the Treasury coffers must be running low on cash...

Sounds like he lost the $100 and 1 point for the steering wheel, I assume it was non-standard and didn't have an airbag when the standard one did? That's a bit ridiculous following him for 3km to work though. Owners of modified vehicles are an easy target for the justice system, just look at the recently introduced laws regarding vehicle confiscation which are plain ludicrous.

But that's a rant for another time

There are laws for FMICs.

Not 100% sure on this:

You are allowed 6 mods to a car. I know someone building a Gemini with a 1JZ in it. Engine, G/Box, Diff (including brakes) Intake (including FMIC) Turbo and suspension. The FMIC is included with the intake (legal loophole) and brakes with the diff (obvious reasons)

I'll try to find some more info today.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    There are laws for FMICs.

Not 100% sure on this:

You are allowed 6 mods to a car. I know someone building a Gemini with a 1JZ in it. Engine, G/Box, Diff (including brakes) Intake (including FMIC) Turbo and suspension. The FMIC is included with the intake (legal loophole) and brakes with the diff (obvious reasons)

I'll try to find some more info today.
    I have a hunch things are different state by state...

they whole thing is a pile of to me...

I blame the idiots riding around with chopped or no springs and stupid offset tyres.. they are ruining it for the sensible modders..

Cheers
    Doc

Some nice cheap cheap chinese crap you have found there, if you buy that you'll be hurting your performance and your dignity.

You should not spend any less than $500 on an intercooler if you value your MPS

I've just order an intercooler kit for my GTiR and my purchase price was $700 all up including freight from Syd to FNQ QLD.

You want an intercooler with a good flowing core,

I was told than an FMIC replacing a TMIC (as is the case of the MPS) is an illegal mod in NSW because the FMIC affects the frontal collision characteristics in the occurrence of an accident, I haven't ever bothered to verify this, and my FMIC does get the odd interested glance from cops if I get pulled over for an RBT, but has never been questioned.

Isn't the ETS top mount a sufficient replacement for most applications anyway? The reported gains seems pretty good and it's legal yeah? Price is right too.

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Isn't the ETS top mount a sufficient replacement for most applications anyway? The reported gains seems pretty good and it's legal yeah? Price is right too.
    Yes and no.
    The ETS makes good gains but still suffers from heat soak.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I have a question my daughters boyfriend has a nissan 200sx with FMIC and got pulled over for no reason and got him for steering wheel and NO MOD PLATE for the Front Mount Intercooler...... fronted up to court in Roma st and had to pay $100 and to get the mod plate sorted out and the steering wheel of course... Is a Mod plate required for the FMIC anyone?????????
    I think it is just a lucky dip with what sort of officer you get.

As for the steering wheel... He could get done if the horn doesn't work. Plus there is a bit of red tape involved when it comes to removing factory steering wheels which contain airbags...

FMIC issue seems a bit dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123