User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Mount Intercooler

Default Front Mount Intercooler

Ok I was looking around ebay to see if there was anything interesting and I found this

Front Mount Intercooler

The price? $180 plus shipping, $165 gets you a total of US$345. I can't work this one out is it a con? Are the pipes made out of straws and the intercooler a cardboard box?

Although I did notice this
    This item is produced for off-road or show purpose only. This item is not suitable for regular driving. User must follow the direction given and any misuse of this product is at his/her own risk. The Manufacturer, Distributor, and retailer will not be held responsible for using this item other than specified above.

This one just set off my too good to be true alarm wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

"ther Intercooler usually drop 10Psi Some are More. "

what a pile of

That kit is a load of rubbish.. would not touch it

Get this Mazda3Online :: ProtegeGarage :: MazdaRX8Online - Your Source for Mazda Performance

and a locally imported CX racing bar and plate core.. Cooler landed on your door step for under 150 AUD

Hmm do they do the same thing for the 6? I might be interested if they did!

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Get a decent kit from a reputable manufacturer. You can't afford it to stuff up in mid-flight or you will be limping home. Ask yourself why most good kits are over $1000. Even 2nd hand they will be more than the price indicated. The higher price of quality is forgotten far more quickly than the long-lasting, bitter taste of being soundly conned, with no recourse to getting your hard-earned back. Ebay is a real trap for suckers.

First thing I'll say is 11.5" high won't fit without cutting the bumper reo.

Don't bother. 200mm or 8" is the tallest you can fit to a 3 before you need bumper mods.

Doesnt look bad but doesnt look awesome either . .

Can I just say, I wouldnt touch it for the slogan alone..
    "I'LOVEIL"
    TACO TACO!

Honestly though, Ive heard some 'cheap performance' horror stories from Ebay - Buyer beware.. if its too good to be true it usually is!
    Last thing you want is your engine or turbo to eat metal fragments..

I think this quote says it all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebay

***ATTENTION: DISCLAIMER!!***

* This item is produced for off-road or show purpose only. This item is not suitable for regular driving. User must follow the direction given and any misuse of this product is at his/her own risk. The Manufacturer, Distributor, and retailer will not be held responsible for using this item other than specified above.
    Last edited by Jmac; 01-03-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

ahh my apologies.. I didnt realise you were in a MPS6

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

still.. run away and dont look back

Any idea what size the MPS6 can fit with out bumper mods?
    Was looking at the CX Racing site and was thinking about this one

To big? Not big enough?

Don't worry guys I never had any intention of buying was just curious how they could possibly offer it so damn cheap. It still seems weird, I mean sure they can be shithouse parts but I just can't fathom how they can sell it at that price no matter how shit it is.

Atm I am thinking of getting a new TMIC before a tune up of the car and a new BPV in case the stock can't handle extra boost. Just came across this while looking into FMIC. Atm Im not sure I can justify the extra cost of a FMIC.

my FMIC costs less than an upgraded.. TMIC

PG pipes and a local core

that certainly is a nice paper weight.

I'm curious Doc any idea why that kit for the 3 won't fit the 6? Is there just a difference in front bumper etc. so the pipes won't fit the same? Sad they only make a kit for the 3 not the 6 or I'd be all over that.

check out mazdaspeedforums.org..

theres all the parts you need to make a custom kit.. if you cant find it let me know and ill find it for you...

all for less than an upgraded TMIC..

Doc

Hmm I found this
    Custom FMIC - Mazdaspeed Forums
    Do you have to hack into the reo bar to install a front mount? Curious about legality and safety of that.

Custom FMIC - Mazdaspeed Forums

This is the one im talking about.. lists everything you need

however this guy has cut his crashbar..

measure up how big you can go without cutting.. pick a cooler from CXRacing.. pm me and ill hook you up with the Australian importer.. it is a lot cheaper to do it this way...

Good luck

Doc

---------- Post added 03-03-2010 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-03-2010 at 11:57 PM ----------

Mazdaspeed6 FMIC Kit Ready To Go!!! - Mazda Forums

it can be done without cutting

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

at a quick look.. go a little bigger in intercooler size.. and just run it up behind the crashbar..
    cxracing.com: Front Mount Intercooler 28"x7"x2.5", 2.5" Core: 22"x7"x2.5", 2.5" Inlet & Outlet, , BMW Audi A4 Golf

To your door for under 150 AUD

pm replied

Well this has piqued my interest so I ran around the CXRacing site to find all the parts and here they are. Although I guess this is USD and without shipping. I might grab the details of the supplier off of Doc and get what it would cost shipped in AUD. I have no idea atm where to get the BPV fitting or how much welding it would cost. Not 100% sure if the pipes listed are for the first design of the second one which looks a bit neater.

Intercooler piping: $109
    2.5" black powder coat
    4 L pipes = $66
    cxracing.com: 2.5" Aluminum Pipe 90 Degree L Bend, Powder Coated, Mandrel Bent, 2.0mm Thick, 18" Length
    1 75 degree pipe = $14.50
    cxracing.com: 2.5" Aluminum Pipe 75 Degree Bend, Powder Coated, Mandrel Bent, 2.0mm Thick, 18" Length
    1 90 degree pipes = $15
    cxracing.com: 2.5" Aluminum Pipe 90 Degree Bend, Powder Coated, Mandrel Bent, 2.0mm Thick, 18" Length
    1 straight pipe = $13.50
    cxracing.com: 2.5" Straight Aluminum Pipe, Powder Coated, Mandrel Bent, 2.0mm Thick, 18" Length

BPV Fittings: $40
    2.5” Flange Pipe -~$40
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=2&_kw=flange&_kw=pipe

Silicone Hoses: $161
    5xHump hoses (3" length 3 ply) - $75
    cxracing.com: 2.5" Silicon Hump Hose for Turbo Piping 2 Piece Set
    2x45 degree (4ply) - $38
    cxracing.com: 2.5" 45 Degree Silicon Elbow Hose for Turbo Piping, Choose from Blue or Black
    90 degree (4 ply) - $19
    cxracing.com: 2.5" 90 Degree Silicon Elbow Hose for Turbo Piping, Choose from Blue or Black
    2" - 2.5" (turbo to IC) and 2.5" - 2.75" (TB to IC-cold pipe) - 29
    cxracing.com: 1.5", 2", 2.25", 2.5", 2.75", 3" Silicon Hose Coupler & Reducer 6 Pieces Set, Choose from Any Size

Intercooler: $129
    CXRACING intercooler 28x7x2.5
    cxracing.com: Front Mount Intercooler 28"x7"x2.5", 2.5" Core: 22"x7"x2.5", 2.5" Inlet & Outlet, , BMW Audi A4 Golf

T-Bolts- $50
    cxracing.com: 1.5", 2", 2.25", 2.5", 2.75", 3" and 3.5" Stainless Steel Clamp 10 Pieces Set, Choose from Any Size.
    2.5" - 18
    2.75" – 1
    2.0" - 1

Washer Reservoir
    Unknown

TOTAL = $489 + Shipping + Washer Reservoir + Bracket
    Last edited by Nepharius; 04-03-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Nice.. im glad you like..

sounds promising mate. look forward to seeing how it all pans together. Was thinking of going down this path myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast