User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Mount Intercooler

Hmm on close inspection of my car and the diagrams it looks like they had to move their washer reservoir and the other issue is the bracket for the FMIC. From what I'm reading the bracket was a custom job that you can't get anymore, although that may have changed since 7 months ago.

Also shopping list above updated to reflect this

any updates mate?

Haven't had a chance to ring the CXRacing guy to find out on prices for pipes etc. I did look into whether ebay was worthwhile for clamps (it isnt) and silicon (it might be). I'll update the thing later when I have more info but atm it sits on

TOTAL = $484 + Shipping(For pipes, Intercooler, Tbolts) +Reservoir stuff (If required)

My main issues are what to do about moving the washer fluid reservoir and how to mount the intercooler. I really need the use of my washers as where my car parks it often get's dust on the windscreen so I can't scrap it like a few people have. As for the intercooler brackets I don't really know what the deal is with them but I assume they are custom so I'd probably need to find a place to get them fabbed.

Wow thats is pretty cheap, my core alone was like over 400 bucks!

I would just bend up some aluminum and make you own bracket.. and drill some holes in it to mount it.. it does not need to be built like a crash bar...

I just got my fmic fitted into my BL mps3 =] sounds like a vl turbo now! now the stock exhaust is restricting! need tbe for new model mps3!!!

corksport do a DP for your car

or just get a custom

hey mikee did u buy a kit or did u go custom?

Thanks for that Doc thats a great find. Looks like good custom piping. Seems very reasonably priced too.

Looks terrible how the IC hangs so low.

Ok looked into that link Doc put up and shipping is $230 for the full kit and $200 just for the pipes making them $495 landed for the pipes and $650 to $700 depending on intercooler size for the full kit. Bit more then I had previously hoped for so I will check out local sourced parts first. Also I don't know if that kit has the brackets for the FMIC, doubt it has any way to deal with the wiper reservoir and know it doesnt come with a spot for a BPV so all up itd cost $700-$750 or so with a BPV pipe.

Nulliaj I'm not 100% sure if it's just how low it hangs or if it's that weird front bar on the 6.... Its probably a bit low but the bar certainly isn't helping it any!
    Last edited by Nepharius; 09-03-2010 at 12:00 AM.

cost me 780 for the cooler n piping! I didn't cut my reinforcement bar tho cause I wanted to make it reversable! but it sounds awesome now I'm thinking about getting the ultimate racing cat back exhaust from America. stainless steel with titanium tips it'll look great on a white mps =]

Actually I remember that image, it's a stock front bar with the autoexe replica lip, and the shroud removed.

Hmm on further consideration I might have to leave this one alone. In victoria it is illegal for me to make 2 modifications to the intake so I can't have a FMIC and a SRI at the same time.
    Intercoolers that are larger than standard or
    have a different mounting location or are
    added where none were originally fitted, are
    permitted only if no other changes to the
    intake system have been made. In other
    words, you may have a pod filter or
    modified/added intercooler, but not both.
    Any sensors integral to the original intercooler
    or intake system must be retrofitted and be in
    the correct location.
    Not all to happy about it really but if I do have an accident my insurance company can refuse to pay because of illegal modifications to the car.

What moronic, over-zealous, meddling bloody bureaucrat dreamed up that convoluted bit of hogwash? Filtration has no relationship to inter-cooling and thus should not be mutually exclusive

This country is so over-regulated. I was going to write that I'd surprised if they don't specify the dimensions for each square of toilet paper that must be used. Then I discovered that they do!

what a crock... f*ck that

I have a question my daughters boyfriend has a nissan 200sx with FMIC and got pulled over for no reason and got him for steering wheel and NO MOD PLATE for the Front Mount Intercooler...... fronted up to court in Roma st and had to pay $100 and to get the mod plate sorted out and the steering wheel of course... Is a Mod plate required for the FMIC anyone?????????
    Last edited by 240MPS; 28-03-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I have a question my daughters boyfriend has a nissan 200sx with FMIC and got pulled over for no reason and got him for steering wheel and NO MOD PLATE for the Front Mount Intercooler...... fronted up to court in Roma st and had to pay $100 and to get the mod plate sorted out and the steering wheel of course... Is a Mod plate required for the FMIC anyone?????????
    FMIC may require engineer sign off if the reinforcement bar or any other structural part of the vehicle is modified in any way to fit the FMIC (cutting etc).

Edit: Forgot to add. Providing it's mounted OK, not protuding out the front of the car too much and nothing structural was modified in order to fit it he should be fine.
    Last edited by TD; 28-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.

QLD has stupid rules compared to the rest of us...lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast