User Tag List

Thread: Recent dealing with Protege Garage

Default Recent dealing with Protege Garage

G'Day guys.

I hope this is where I should post.. if not I'm sure it'll get moved...

Just thought Id throw out the word from a recent dealing with PG, with one of their own custom made intercooler kits.

From the get-go, I have not had to wait longer than a few hours to receive answers via e mail. And I have asked quite a few about his DIY intercooler kit, turbo inlet and intake system and a few other goodies.

I am very impressed with his attention to detail and professionalism, when answering questions, and even following them up with more info after looking into it.

Being from Sydney Australia, some vendors put that in the too hard basket, when it comes to shipping, and usually put a ridiculous price tag on the postage... I guess its a polite way of saying 'were not interested in your little marked down there'. Ken got back to me within minutes (literally) with a postage price that was more than acceptable.

Order has recently been placed, I received a email from Ken to confirm funds transfer was all in order.

Since then I have been kept up to date with production of this kit, and he has addressed my concerns with fitment of my intake with this kit. All within hours of me asking. I wish previous dealings with vendors could of been half this easy, and informative. Not to mention.. good prices.

So basically, I recommend these guys, and Ill defiantly be a returning customer. As we speak I am looking and inquiring about adding their custom made turbo inlet and intake into my shipping package...

Cheers guys.

Doc

2. Default

Great to hear stories like this Doc. I have purchased almost all of my aftermarket parts from Ken and my experience is exactly the same. First class all the way. Look forward to your impressions when the stuff arrives.

PS Doc,

PTP are resending the pill so I will let you know when it lands.

Cheers

Good to know.

... cheers Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic3MPS View Post
    Great to hear stories like this Doc. I have purchased almost all of my aftermarket parts from Ken and my experience is exactly the same. First class all the way. Look forward to your impressions when the stuff arrives.

PS Doc,

PTP are resending the pill so I will let you know when it lands.

Cheers
    Nice one, thanks cosmic.
    Turbo inlet and intake added to my list..

Pm me from the other..

Ken even answers bloody emails on the weekend from his iPhone. What a champ!!

Thats what I call dedication...thats a person who deserves his business to grow

Wow.. emailed him before for a freight quote on a Car bra...

replied in under 5 minutes...

yeah i have had good experiences with ken from PG, always responds very quickly

please let me know how you go with the intercooler kit

i have been thinking about that one for a while, but haven't really found any info on it

There is plenty of info.. Just google it. Especially on msf.org. Get the pipes through Ken, and pm me for a contact in Australia that imports the cx racing cores in bar and plate for half the price of getting it shipped from the states. Fmic for less than a tmic upgrade ftw. Btw it's a nice ic core, cast well designed endtanks, clean welds, and nice tight fins. This IMO is full of win

doc
    Last edited by Doc; 01-03-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Typo

another happy customer here dealing with Ken @ Protege Garage
    Pretty much all my mods are from Ken (even back when the MPS was first released, he was there sending me an intake and catback)

Currently running these PG gear: PG Manifold v3, PG RHD centre guage pod and waiting for last bits for the full PG FMIC kit (piping and core powdercoated black)

what you think of the manifold?

Did you fit it yourself, or have a shop do it?

If so how much did it cost you to get fitted?

Sorry if off topic, but its my thread so ner ner ner...

Back on topic.. what core did you go with..?

Doc

I got the core from PG as part of the full kit they were selling

Fitted the manifold myself, perfect time to fit a downpipe at the same time as your in that space.
    A little squished trying to work in such a small area and being my first time at it, I took my time and eventually got it all in. (I posted a thread on here)
    Manifold fitted perfect and the car feels stronger, however when it was cold one evening I got my first cut. So need a tune
    A friend drove while I sat passenger after we fitted my gauges another day and the car just feels so fast compared to being in the drivers seat, never really thought it could pull that much

anyway............back to your topic................

yeah PG they're pretty good guys ive got quite a long list of mods from them haha