User Tag List

Thread: 06' MPS3 Question

Default 06' MPS3 Question

First of all i put this on the ozmazda forums before i realised a OzMPS forum existed lol

I've had my MPS for about a month and after some early issues which are now solved, i've become very intune with the car, but have some questions just so i can compare with Other MPS' im going to put them out in the open. Only doing this because im not sure what is normal for an Mazda3, previous car was apparently Mint for its age and model.

First is I think i read somewhere here that a stock MPS is noticeably getting boost at 2800rpm, but in mine i really notice it hits nice and strong at 3250 - 3350rpm, is this late?

My mates said they heard a metallic noise coming from my exhaust when i back of the loud pedal after a decent poke, anything to worry about?

From a engage clutch and foot down on accelerator take off my mates HSV Astra had me by 1 and a bit car lengths to 100, but most of this gap came from him hitting boost harder and earlier then i did.

Am i just expecting to much from my car or is there something more wrong?

Any help is appreciated thanks people

Ive got an 06 but havent had any updates for years from Mazda,
    I hit boost around the 3250 mark so I think thats normal
    I havent run an Astra so cant help there but surely once you hit 3rd you'll catch up and pass - whats done to the Astra?
    Exhaust noise - sorry cant help, but perhaps it could be the cat or exhaust hitting the chassis?
    You have any mods?

yeh max power comes in fairly low but i wouldnt worry about 3200,
    remeber you do get limited boost tru 1 and 2.. so change at 5500 every gear and get into the wicked 3rd to show the Astra up... i do like the astras... but you can beat it

Yeah we stopped at like mid 3rd and i was catching, 1st he hit boost earlier and harder second was even game.

Its all stock for now just need to repay parents to finish pay the thing off lol.

So far between the astra an i we've determined he has boost earlier i've got big mid range advantage and he has big (5800+rpm) advantage.

Thanks for the replys