User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda3 MPS to take on Targa Tasmania

Smile Suggestion for maz motor sport !!!

Ok I think bb has a point it is after all a race car but if Mazda just painted the top of smiley black to where the grill slats start it would look heaps better , what Al said did crack me up though appeals to my fully sick sense of humour !!!

In the attached Pdf. it says they are pulling more than 200kW and 400Nm torque. It would be good to find out what they have done to achieve these numbers. Might have to head down to see it run.

Smile Exede tune !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maginty View Post
    In the attached Pdf. it says they are pulling more than 200kW and 400Nm torque. It would be good to find out what they have done to achieve these numbers. Might have to head down to see it run.

I have it from a reliable source that they have EXEDE piggy back ecu and a high flow exhaust .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Default Research

Cheers Col, I am gathering info on reliable mods so when the warranty is up I can have a play. Can't see myself going to the same extent as you but I'm sure it gets addictive. Just a little more power

From what i understand, Targa spec cars are allowed very few modifications, so what Col says about the ECU and exhaust would be right.
    Hard to control ECU modifications, so the powers that be allow that. Which explains why some cars that in theory should be significantly quicker than others (based on standard road car magazine recorded performance times) are infact not, on a track or Targa. Some of these cars the ECU is not modifiable, or at least not much gain can be made.

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maginty View Post
    Cheers Col, I am gathering info on reliable mods so when the warranty is up I can have a play. Can't see myself going to the same extent as you but I'm sure it gets addictive. Just a little more power
    Yup !!! can I a suggest a MZR SRI & POD filter as the 1st must do mod MPShiv has one fitted to his gen 2 $240 I think from Tim DISIMP3 a ecu will perform much better if the Turbo inlet is not so restricted and they sound so good .This does not effect warranty .
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Yup !!! can I a suggest a MZR SRI & POD filter as the 1st must do mod MPShiv has one fitted to his gen 2 $240 I think from Tim DISIMP3 a ecu will perform much better if the Turbo inlet is not so restricted and they sound so good .This does not effect warranty .
    Col

I do have one indeed, and it does make the car sound alot nicer, even with the stock bypass valve. But i noticed better fuel economy and a quicker pick up aswell!!

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    I do have one indeed, and it does make the car sound alot nicer, even with the stock bypass valve. But i noticed better fuel economy and a quicker pick up aswell!!
    Thanks guys, I'll look into it.

i think it will perform well. shoulda kept the smiley face black though

Orange and black will get people talking, logical choice really... just the same as the pink donut king cars.

May i suggest for anyone going to Targa, checkout the Riana or Hellyer Gorge stages. They used to be my playground before I moved to the land of round-abouts. Prologue in George Town offers some pretty good view points too.

If only I had the time and money I'd organise a 5 day targa tour for motorsport clubs/groups, think it would be a very lucrative business.

Smile Motorsport targa tours !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Orange and black will get people talking, logical choice really... just the same as the pink donut king cars.

May i suggest for anyone going to Targa, checkout the Riana or Hellyer Gorge stages. They used to be my playground before I moved to the land of round-abouts. Prologue in George Town offers some pretty good view points too.

If only I had the time and money I'd organise a 5 day targa tour for motorsport clubs/groups, think it would be a very lucrative business.
    Hi nath

Perhaps we should talk I have the resources and the means at my disposal
    including an aust rally champ on my team . If your serious then so am I
    Col

ORANGE HI LITES BY YOU LOSE & MAZDA MOTORSPORT !!!
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 02-03-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12