User Tag List

Thread: Psi or bar?

Question Psi or bar?

I'm looking to fit a boost gauge in the near future and have been looking at a number of different gauges some of which measure boost in bars. I had always planned on buying one that measured in PSI. Most people seem to refer to and compare boost levels in PSI. I know the boost gauge on the Gen 2 measures in bars. Should I stick to my original plan?

psi, although an imperial measurement seems to be the more common choice, and most people seem to relate to it better, in my opinion it is better in the regard that the increments of whole unit measurements are much smaller,

e.g 16 psi = 1.1031612 bar, a raise of 2 psi to 18 psi is a lot easier to comprehend, than explaining how much benefit you have received from your additional 0.13789515 bar.

Thanks Matt. That's pretty much what I was thinking. Just needed to hear it from someone else if you know what i mean.

Blog Entries

Very strange that Mazda chose BAR over PSI...

Japan uses SI units?? (guessing)

Nothing worse than a half bar when you need a full one
    (somebody else would have said it if i didn't)

Psi ftw!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disims3 View Post
    nothing worse than a half bar when you need a full one
    (somebody else would have said it if i didn't)
    bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

PSI over bar any day Tim !

Comes down to personal preference. I have a few friends that prefer measurements in BAR..

I prefer PSI because its the measurement I am used to, like Metres or Feet really

Bringing an old thread up cause i know this is recent in terms of the fitment about to take place. . . Go for PSI tim, unless your running big boost the needle doesnt move and its a pain to constantly remember the conversion. .

Yeah.. and get one that warns you if you overboost..

The Defi is Nice cause you can playback your boost curve.. its a clever little thing

http://mpsgarage.com.au/shop/product...ost-gauge.html

These have warnings and peak recall from memory, can also change the color - the red is a good match for the MPS dash.

if thats the prosport gauge... I have read some about some bad and inaccurate readings..

Let me know if you want a great defi one at a good price (still a lot more than this one though).. Ill hook you up.

Doc

Smile Psi ftw

Timbo you are welcome to drive Madaz with a pro-sport psi boost gauge
    a lot easier to read than bar . Hows the mps now with the race pipe any performance difference??

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Timbo you are welcome to drive Madaz with a pro-sport psi boost gauge
    a lot easier to read than bar . Hows the mps now with the race pipe any performance difference??

Col
    The difference made by the race pipe is far greater than expected. I'll put up a thread on it when i've transferred the pics from my phone.

Going to order a boost gauge for my new pod next week. Thanks for the input guys :-)
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    The difference made by the race pipe is far greater than expected. I'll put up a thread on it when i've transferred the pics from my phone.

Going to order a boost gauge for my new pod next week. Thanks for the input guys :-)
    Anytime Tim !
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Question answered, PM me with any issues.