User Tag List

Thread: does your turbo smoke and what fuel do you use?

Default does your turbo smoke and what fuel do you use?

just wondering if there was a connection between smoking turbos and the fuel used?

my car had used bp ultimate 98ron for about 68,8xxkm and has been smoking since 66,000km

i switched to caltex vortex 98ron because it was more convenient and have been using it for over 1,000km now and it appears to have either stopped/reduced the smoking, or increased the amount of idling time required before the car smokes.

this is because i make one trip every week where i have to sit in traffic, and after the switch, i dont smoke even when i get to the carpark, when usually i would be smoking at least 5 minutes before i even get there.

maybe its just a coincidence.

so, have you had a smoking turbo? and what fuel do you use? and if you want, the km on the odo

yes
    switched from bp ultimate 98 to caltext vortex 98
    smoking from 66,xxxkm
    Last edited by kagerou; 23-02-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Yes i had a smoking turbo. Used either Shell V power, Caltex vortex 98, or BP ultimate 98. smoked the same with all fuels.

had 34k kms on the clock at the time of change. and was maybe smoking for about 1000kms prior in which i used the different fuels.

Mine smoked with Ultimate and V Power, no difference. Turbo was replaced at 30000km.

fuel should have nothing to do with it what so ever..

Positive crank ventilation system, or oil/coolant being forced past the turbo seals..

Sorry bud.. not fuel