User Tag List

Thread: What are the Factory Brake Sizes of a Mazda3 MPS

Default What are the Factory Brake Sizes of a Mazda3 MPS

As the Title Says.

What is the Dimensions of the Factory Brake Discs Front and rear for the Mazda3 MPS/MazdaSpeed 3

I have Searched Google so far to no avail... I need the Specs to ensure the Parts Shop can get me the correct sizes.

Mazda Prices aren't Horrendous.. but when you can get parts like that at cost... why would you bother paying Dealer prices...

Blog Entries

are you going for like different brand rotor? There are numerous brands out there but maybe even shoot MPS Garage or the boys at GSL an email, they should know the sizes.

My Uncles run one of the bigger parts Distributors in new Zealand

so consumerables like discs and stuff i can get at a very good rate..

Im likely to end up with a brand like Zimmermann or Brembo

i have been quoted from mazda Front Disks beign 500NZ Dollars + 12.5% GST

for Factory Discs... I'm likely to be able to lay my grubby hands on some brembo or zimmerman for a quarter of that...

Read the brochure that you probably read before you got the car!

It states (Gen 1 MPS3) F 320mm ventilated & R 280mm solid (Gen 2 details are the same, according to the below website).

For those interested in the comparison, the MPS6 (2005) brochure states F 320mm ventilated & R 314mm solid.

If I'm wrong, blame the brochure(s).

You can't have Googled too hard! In my 1st and only query "Mazda 3 MPS brake disc diameters" I was swamped with answers that all match the figures I have given, including Mazda's own website, see http://www.mazda.com.au/Models/Curre...fications.aspx under the "Chassis" tab.

Gawd!
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 23-02-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Read the brochure that you probably read before you got the car!

It states (Gen 1 MPS3) F 320mm ventilated & R 280mm solid (Gen 2 details are the same, according to the below website).

For those interested in the comparison, the MPS6 (2005) brochure states F 320mm ventilated & R 314mm solid.

If I'm wrong, blame the brochure(s).

You can't have Googled too hard! In my 1st and only query "Mazda 3 MPS brake disc diameters" I was swamped with answers that all match the figures I have given, including Mazda's own website, see Specifications | Mazda Australia Zoom Zoom under the "Chassis" tab.

Gawd!
    Maybe google doesn't work so well from NZ

6. Default

As attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPS.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	2394  

Thanks Guys i googled my ass off and all i could find was Gen2 Sizes i wasnt sure if they were the same

However..

The O.D. of the Rotors was the easy part.. thanks to mr GSL he has posted what looks like the OD of the Discs and the Width of them (the width is a pretty important part also..

the good new is

I can get Front Discs and Rear Discs off the Shelf from Mazda for

Front - NZD236 + GST (12.5%) Each
    Rear - NZD118 + GST each

from my uncle

Front - NZD120 + GST each
    Rear - NZD10 + GST Each

Seems like a prett obvious Call

I can get 4 slotted for 100 cash so i still come under the price from mazda :P yus!

then again i should probably get a quote from the local DBA dealer....