User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather care

Default Leather care

what do you guys use to keep your leather seats etc in good condition?

Meguires leather treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Thread closed.

4. Default

what about on your steering wheels ?

can this be bought anywhere (eg kmart,auto stores)
    or online?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Tried Meguires a few times - each time left leather with a white film after it dried - followed instructions exactly. Took ages to get it up to my standard with GUARDSMAN leather care to remove the Meguires film. Guardsman available from all good furniture retailers and recommended by most furniture Manufacturers

I use and recommend MOTHERS leather cleaner and conditioner - brings back the leather smell in the car. Does a better job than GUARDSMAN

Terrific on steering wheel - bit of a strange feel for the first day.

Also Mothers did a good job on restoring the dried cracked leather in the Daimler 250, (Mk2 Shape Jaguar with a 2.5 liter Hemi V8 Standard). It has stopped the rear headrests on the MPS6 from drying out. Leather started to get very hard.

Tried everything - Leatherique and some other commercial brands (I moonlight as an Upholsterer) found MOTHERS by far the best - also the most expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    can this be bought anywhere (eg kmart,auto stores)
    or online?
    K-mart stocks most Meguires products, in the auto section (of course).

I also have a product called "Leather Mate" which I have used on three leather lounges and it does a fantastic job, leaves the leather looking clean, shiny and new and doesn't leave any residue. It's available online here:

Australia - Urad/Leathermate - Award Winning Leather Care

(or this link for 40% off, I received this in an email as a previous customer but it doesn't seem to be in any way limited to just my use)

Australia Special Offers - Urad/Leathermate - Award Winning Leather Care

That's even more expensive than MOTHERS

just a quick question guys, when you apply the leather care stuff....do you just dab it on the leather and just apply or do u have to rub it in with a bit of force? stupid question i know...

I just tried Meguirs on my steering wheel...and then I read this. Looks like I might need find a real MOTHER!

I use Prima Nourish from ZAS. Works a treat :]

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    just a quick question guys, when you apply the leather care stuff....do you just dab it on the leather and just apply or do u have to rub it in with a bit of force? stupid question i know...
    Depends on the instructions - Leatherique you rub in, most of the others you use sparingly and do not rub it in.

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Most leather conditioners you will find are a thin liquid. To apply, you are spreading more than rubbing, allow it to penetrate (different products will tell you in the instructions how long) and then you wipe off the excess.

Thanks everyone. Found this thread pretty useful. I've purchased Meguires but haven't used it yet.

Nifty to get dirt out of the lines within works well. .

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Most leather conditioners you will find are a thin liquid. To apply, you are spreading more than rubbing, allow it to penetrate (different products will tell you in the instructions how long) and then you wipe off the excess.
    I like MOTHERS for another reason - Conditioner is a cream and oh so smooth and easy to use

duragloss leather is definately the best out the lot

hmm Duragloss might try it. .

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    I like MOTHERS for another reason - Conditioner is a cream and oh so smooth and easy to use
    Fair enough. Some people don't like creams because they clog up the pores of the leather and get built up in the seams and cracks.

hmm guna check out your website ZAS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast