User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather care

Just a thank you... Its great not having to ask the questions just having the answers laid out for you already!

Best forums EVER!!!

This forum is pretty good, but just be careful guys with recommendations. The leather on the MPS is a treated leather. Not like the old school leather you might find in classic cars or furniture.

Some of these leather products for lounges might do more damage than anything. Also, someone mentioned Leatherique. This is a perfect example of a product not designed for these new vehicles.

might be a silly question
    which parts of the gen 2 is real leather and which is the fake stuff? most of it looks fake =\

I don't think fake is the right term. Treated I believe they just impregnate the leather with something. I only have a Gen1 with POV pack, so someone else will have to chime in with the leather bits.

Quote Originally Posted by hng View Post
    might be a silly question
    which parts of the gen 2 is real leather and which is the fake stuff? most of it looks fake =\
    Looks all the same, but if anywhere it will be on the back of the seats.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

i just took my car into service and im driving a sp25 as a courtesy car
    i'm pretty sure this sp25 has better quality leather!!!!!!!
    the grain looks much nicer and it's much softer and there's more leather than my mps!!
    compared to this sp25 my leather feels really fake and plasticy
    especially the side bolstering
    must take a look at other mps's....

the leather on the MPS is crap..esp the sides holding ur a$$. it seems very stiff.

My bro recently bought a liberty GT and the leather on that is lush compared to mazda crap.

I agree. My mate also bought the gt liberty. I thought the same thing.

9. Default

I use Zaino Z10 as a leather protectant. It does bring out the leather smell (after 2 days). Intially it has a strong-ish soapy smell. Mind you the leather smell only 'comes out' if the leather has the smell originally. On my '07 CX7 the leather never smelt like leather and this Zaino Z10 didn't really make it smell any better (or worse). On my Golf GTI the leather does smell nice

The other thing I like about it is that it doesn't make the leather shiny.

I use a separate product to first clean the leather. I know Zaino has a product (I think Z9), but I use something else whose name I can't remember...and it's too cold to check in the garage right now

Zaino is only available via mail order from Melbourne, and there's a supplier in Perth too

cheers

Satz

I used the Meguiars cleaner and conditioner spray last weekend and it worked a treat- I only applied lightly and used a soft cloth to spread it around to edges etc.

Hasn't left a residue in my car.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I agree the leather is of a poor quality when compared to other manufacturers!

11. Default

MOTHERS for me. The mothers reflection leather car spray pack is brilliant, spray on wipe around done. Ive also used the mothers leather conditioner but prefer the reflections.

did all my seats today giving it a week to absorb then ill see how it comes up.

how often does everyone rejuvenate there leather seats ?

12. Default

leather should be cleaned or conditioned regularly.

I give mine a full treatment every 8 weeks! They smell and feel awesome!!

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    I give mine a full treatment every 8 weeks! They smell and feel awesome!!

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
    Looking for that nice feel and awesome smell myself...

What do you use ?

Pinnacle Leather conditioner is excellent, and I highly recommend it.

My steering wheel has started to feel a little slippery in the last week or 2, I think I need some good leather cleaning gear to soften it up a bit. It's gone a little hard/shiny. Don't think taking a sheet of sandpaper to it will be a good idea.

I recently did a once over with leatherique treatment which I left in for 24hrs and its come up quite nicely, didnt think it was dirty to begin with but still blackened my cloth a fair bit.
    I condition and clean with Zaino z9 and z10. Love the smell. Pretty comparable to duragloss, bit stronger smell IMO.
    Last edited by dazza; 16-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    This forum is pretty good, but just be careful guys with recommendations. The leather on the MPS is a treated leather. Not like the old school leather you might find in classic cars or furniture.

Some of these leather products for lounges might do more damage than anything. Also, someone mentioned Leatherique. This is a perfect example of a product not designed for these new vehicles.
    Zas, I have leatherique left over from my BMW - the BMW forums rave about it and it did work quite well. Are you saying to not use it on the MPS hands down?

Alternatively I have meguiars gold class cleaner spray and conditioner cream in my stash - use this instead??

Hi Smokey

You'll find Leatherique isn't designed for use with the coated leather seats, but if it works for you, then it works. Not saying you can't use it hands down.

No worries I'll give the megs a go - fine by me as the Leatherique is a massive PITA to use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast