User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member ACT ( placing an order for an MPS)

1. Default New Member ACT ( placing an order for an MPS)

Hi all

Posted a couple of times before but thought I would say hi in here.

Live in Canberra and I am about to place an order for 2010 MPS ( Aluminium is ahead of black at this point).

My current car Mazda 3 Maxx Sport ( 2007 ) lease is up soon and I have been looking at every car on the market. Test drove the new rex, it went well and I love the sunroof, the outside looks are questionable, but boy was it cheap inside. I really really wanted to like it, I always have wanted a rex, but when you considering how much time you spend in driving, I wouldn't be able to live with it.

Wasn't really thinking about an MPS too much, but I was chatting to the dealer during my last service and he booked me in a for a test drive the following week.

I must admit the inside of the MPS is what sold me, you sure get a lot for your money... Compared to the WRX you can see where you money went a little better and it doesn't feel like you're driving a cheap Korean car. Only thing I don't like is the red seat inserts and the lack of a sunroof option.

As for the dive? well, you all know the story there.. I was hooked.

hopefully place the order within 2 weeks, just starting talking the talk with the dealers, I will be getting quotes from around Australia as well to get the best deal.

Look forward to meeting a few of you

Another Canberran, nice! It's amazing how similar your post is to my first one, check it out: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/new-m...-canberra.html

I had the same opinion of the WRX and went for the MPS for the same reasons you did.

Mine arrives within a couple of weeks. I'm getting mine from Slaven in Phillip, the service there has been second to none and I recommend you talk to them (likely you already have).

It should be noted that if you get a Black one, you'll be in with all the cool kids.

Congrats m8, you wont regret it

4. Default

I have had a couple of black cars... they always look the best, but boy are they hard to keep clean.

We are lucky in Canberra, both dealers are really good. I bought my current car from Belco and they have been great as well - another reason for me to stay with mazda.

the concierge! Looks like ACT could be the MPS capital too, good hunting with your MPS, they're awesome you won't be dissapointed

Welcome onboard

7. Default

Welcome and congrats on deciding on the MPS ... Im like you after test driving the MPs I test drove the WRX (MY07) hatch and so much wanted to liove it as I had always wanted one but the interior just didnt cut it compared to the MPS and it really needed 6 gears not 5

We have lots of ACt people so keep an eye out ont he cruise section for get togetherers
    Last edited by blackbetty; 23-02-2010 at 12:50 PM.

8. Default

We're more mature than the fuleh siq WRX team too :P

It's not really surprising the number of people being turned off WRX by the crappy interior and yet Subaru seem to be doing nothing about it, the interior of the WRX hasn't really changed significantly in 15 years. (sorry for off topic)

welcome and congrats!!!!!

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by the concierge View Post
    Wasn't really thinking about an MPS too much

Just curious, why wasnt the MPS much in your thoughts in the first place?

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post

Just curious, why wasnt the MPS much in your thoughts in the first place?

Mainly due to me owning a 3 already ( 2007 ) so I was just after something different. I wasn't 100% sold on the looks either, but now I like them

congrats on the purchase. am sure u will love it!!!

15. Default

Hi concierge,
    Likewise I have wanted a rex but do I need an Awd and the extra on going costs? And the Mps offers better fuel economy, and for a rev head, that is still a factor.

Do let us know where u got the best price. My brother goes to ACU, so going to Canberra to buy an MPS is possible. I wonder if registering it in the Act vs Nsw is cheaper? As I live in Sydney. Good luck!!

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

Good choice

Col

The difference in cost of rego between ACT and NSW isn't significant (about $30 cheaper in NSW, if I remember correctly).

Another Gen2, welcome to the club. Hope your enjoying the new ride.

Quote Originally Posted by the concierge View Post
    We are lucky in Canberra, both dealers are really good.
    I believe both dealers are owned by the same company, however I found they were not interested in talking the numbers I got in Sydney.

That's a common problem in Canberra, for example all of the Ford dealers (and one Subaru dealer, I think) are owned by the same company so bargaining for a Ford is next to impossible...unless you go to Bega (in which case Goody at Tarra Ford will look after you).

20. Default

You poor unfortunate souls

We all know what rules in the ACT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast