User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust & in a Hurry

Default Exhaust & in a Hurry

I purchased 2XS old CES TBE exhaust & am about to have it fitted to my 07 MPS3. He has just called me & advised me that the DP is too free flowing & that boost can not be controlled unless the ECU is reprogrammed.If this is not done then ther is a high possibility that the motor will go BOOM...........

I need some advise here guys & quick......

You will most likely experience a boost cut scenario, the divorced wastegate on the CES downpipe has been known to cause boost creep at high rpm due to its flow characteristics, anything over 18psi for more than about 2 seconds will force the ECU to cut power, this cut will of course depend on what other mods you have fitted to the car with the exhaust.

Do NOT under any circumstance fit a boost cut killer device, or you will most likely blow your engine, if the boost cut is an issue you will need to fit a tuning device, or a cheaper option would be a boost controller (professionally fitted and adjusted on a dyno), not the recommended option but will provide a workable solution.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

I have no other mods @ the moment though looking to fit SRI & BPV & that's about it. Should i have these mods fitted along with the exhaust when i decide to get the car tuned?
    I was told by a few members that the ECU would relearn when the exhaust is fitted??????

Yes, tuning should be the last step in your mod list, otherwise every time you change something you will need to have your car retuned. The stock ECU will learn around the new exhaust as far as fuel trims, afr's etc, but if you get boost creep to 18psi you will cut, its a self preservation method implemented by the ECU.
    Given that the rest of your car is stock, you will most likely not experience boost cut due to the restrictions of the stock intake etc, my suggestion would be to buy a boost gauge and keep an eye on your boost levels.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

all good............
    The CES TBE fitted like a dream & with no boost spikes. The tone is awesome, not over the top, just throaty as it should be.....
    I ran it over the dyno today & all is well. Putting out 165kw atw..........No mods except the CES TBE.........

More mods to come then looking @ ECUTEK Flashcan tuning.......

Thanks MattMPS3