User Tag List

Thread: Front Right Suspension Noise !

Default Front Right Suspension Noise !

Morning All

A strange creaking noise has appeared on the front right of my MPS6.

I know that there were a couple of previous threads on creaking front suspension, but didn't seem to come to any conclusions or resolutions, so I thought I'd put it out there again (sorry for any repetition).

Similar to ScardyCrow's post, mine is most pronounced when entering/exiting slightly raised driveways and definitely over speed humps. Because the car is lowered on Eibach springs, I try to be very careful going over bumps. It is definitely the front right hand side, because I have tried going over the bumps either predominantly left/right and no noise comes on the left, but quite pronounced on the right.

The best way to describe it is creaky, sort of similar to when the bushings weren't quite on flush...

Some members suggested maybe the sway bar bolts were loose ? Any confirmation from members whether this worked or not ?... I've called my service manager and he is happy for me to drop in tomorrow to a quick look. I'd like to have an idea of what to have him look at...

Any suggestions/thoughts are appreciated....

BTW, Happy Monday !....
    Weeeeeeee....

Angry

Yeah I never found a solution to this. (mine's an MPS3 however)

I'm going to have another go with Mazda in the next couple of months in the hope of getting a new response. Don't hold your breath though!

The best explanation I've got is that the whole suspension mounting assembly under the bonnet seems to creak/click when going over bumps at slow speed. Though possibly the noise is there at higher speeds but is drowned out by other noise.

I did find one thing that was contributing to the noise: The windscreen washer hose sits in a plastic clip which I had knocked while cleaning under the bonnet. It makes noise if it moves around so you can check that. But it wont solve the whole problem.

--
    Josh

Thanks Josh

My service mob are pretty good, so fingers crossed they identify what is wrong with it and fix it !

I am seeing him tomorrow, so if there is a solution/recommendation, I'll post it here for you to try...

It is super annoying (the creaking noise), but more importantly I don't want any failure of the suspension while out on the roads etc.

I'll check in tomorrow after lunch.

Cheers
    Ben

Hi All

For those interested, I think my service centre has eliminated the creaking noise originating from around the front right suspension.

Unfortunately it was not anything specific (in terms of diagnosis).

The service manager went for a drive with me and thankfully we were able to recreate the noise (to prove that I wasn't a blithering idiot). He then spent about 45mins - 1 hour tightening and retightening various nuts and bolts in the front right of the car. He also used some WD40.

After an hour or so of me hanging around the jacked up car, we went for a drive and the noise was no longer noticeable (no music, air con, fans etc were on and all windows were closed etc).

I will test again tonight and see if the problem remains (fingers crossed it is gone).

Here is to creak free driving !

Cheers
    Hobi
    Weeeeeeee....

Have no fear! The Gen 2 3's do it also, same with the new CX-7's

i had a similar noise and Mazda said the design is quite delicate and my lowered springs had damaged it. went to pedders and they pulled it all apart for me for free. there was some ball bearing type thing - I really can't remember what it's called but anyway it was stuffed. if I replaced it then the problem would return so I bought a set of coilovets and never looked back

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hobi View Post
    Hi All

For those interested, I think my service centre has eliminated the creaking noise originating from around the front right suspension.

Unfortunately it was not anything specific (in terms of diagnosis).

The service manager went for a drive with me and thankfully we were able to recreate the noise (to prove that I wasn't a blithering idiot). He then spent about 45mins - 1 hour tightening and retightening various nuts and bolts in the front right of the car. He also used some WD40.

After an hour or so of me hanging around the jacked up car, we went for a drive and the noise was no longer noticeable (no music, air con, fans etc were on and all windows were closed etc).

I will test again tonight and see if the problem remains (fingers crossed it is gone).

Here is to creak free driving !

Cheers
    Hobi
    Thanks mate. It's good to know that we're not just smoking something funny

I'll bring it up when my car is next in at Mazda (hopefully for the last time ) Hopefully they can sort it out.

Cheers,
    --
    Josh

I have this too on my MPS3. Mine is stock and I mentioned it on the previous two services but they said they couldn't find anything.

Mine tends to do it in mornings (Perhaps its related to temperature). Mine sounds like the front right wheel is loose and is jarring when I go over a bump.

it's not the kind of sound you want to hear from a car that regularly is called upon to fang around a corner.

9. Default

It sounds like I have the same noise as well in my 06 mps6 however it doesn't always occur and when it does its at low speeds over driveways etc. When it does happen, I push on the front guard and noise occurs BUT doesn't when the engines OFF!!! Any others got similar thing? Any ideas with what it could be? Im thinking somrthing to do with power steering?