User Tag List

Thread: Sway Bars + Heavy Duty Links

Default Sway Bars + Heavy Duty Links

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on wether there were any issues with fitting sway bars with heavy duty links.

Apparently on the WRX the heavy duty links cause some issues and made some funny noises that made the car sound like it was broken so it was better to just leave the stock links.

Hopefully someone has some feedback before I get mine fitted to my car next week

Cheers

Rose jointed links are typically noisy for a street car, and are usually unnecessary unless going to the nth degree in suspension tuning.
    The rear links are so short I doubt you would see any benefit, the front links have been known to cause the link / bar to foul on the chassis, causing knocking noises.

I only ask because Whiteline are throwing them in for free because they fked us around with a group buy and are doing it to keep us happy.

But yeah I have heard the same regarding the Heavy Duty links for the WRX as well... They make noise and it sounds like there is something wrong with the car when there isn't. It also apparently uses up lubricant heaps quicker.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Instead i've been recommended to ask whiteline for these "rear subframe bushings/pinneapples"

Any feed back on these...