User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mazda MPS owner with some questions

Blog Entries

Hey Leelu,

I think it's great that we "girls" are driving such a hot little hatch. When I test drove mine, the Mazda guy bet my husband 50 bucks that I would stall it. I didn't! Then all he kept saying was ""THIS IS A 60 ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Hey Leelu,

I think it's great that we "girls" are driving such a hot little hatch. When I test drove mine, the Mazda guy bet my husband 50 bucks that I would stall it. I didn't! Then all he kept saying was ""THIS IS A 60 ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Annie,

I totally agree!!

My test drive was up to Mt Cootha - very enjoyable! I test drove the MPS twice and the SP25 once (the second was just an excuse to drive it again before I got mine a month later). My biggest issue was attempting to start the car on the RH side with an imaginary key!! I gave it some coming down the hill and was instantly in LOVE!!!

I'm sure you are enjoying the ride every bit as much as I am!!

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Blog Entries

Yeah Leelu,

I couldn't wait either. The Gen 2 was delivered to Grand Prix Aspley on the Friday, I test drove it on Monday and ordered a black "standard" but had to wait 2 weeks for it. The next morning I rang and said that I'd changed my mind and wanted the luxury (in stock) NOWWWWWWWW!! So I paid an extra 3 grand and picked it up on Wednesday. It was the second one sold - apparently the first guy didn't even want to see it or have a test drive, just picked it up!

Cheers!

Hmm Annie, that is where i bought my MPS from... don't think that was me but i never actually see my car till i bought it.

Blog Entries

Brackaus,

This was in August, 2009 when they first came out. Even half the guys in the dealership hadn't had a drive - think they were a bit jealous lol. Yours is a 2010 isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    Hmm Annie, that is where i bought my MPS from... don't think that was me but i never actually see my car till i bought it.
    He waited until it grew on him
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    He waited until it grew on him
    lol nirvandan

Err Mine is build in 2009 I got it in October...

I don't get it.. my car is growing on me? ...

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

oh...my Car say Madaz MPS 2010.. lol, that's cause the americans call it the 2010 mps...makes it easier than saying 2009 cause their was 2 versions..AL's gen 1 and the GEN 2

lol nirvandan

Its great to see more MPS female owners around....

....that includes you brackaus
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post

Its great to see more MPS female owners around....

....that includes you brackaus
    Your a prick AL

all men are bastards.. I soooo prefer woman.
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Blog Entries

Err Mine is build in 2009 I got it in October...

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

oh...my Car say Madaz MPS 2010.. lol, that's cause the americans call it the 2010 mps...makes it easier than saying 2009 cause their was 2 versions..AL's gen 1 and the GEN 2
    Oh.....I get it now (no idea what you just said but anyway....).

Sorry didn't mean to offend you. Speaking of offending......

I noticed your post a while ago about ""spottings"". You said that the only Gen II MPS drivers you had seen were either hairy fat men or old women who drive slow.......

I hope you weren't referring to ME when you posted that. I AM NOT HAIRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed your post a while ago about ""spottings"". You said that the only Gen II MPS drivers you had seen were either hairy fat men or old women who drive slow.......

I hope you weren't referring to ME when you posted that. I AM NOT HAIRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me neither!!!!!! And I don't often drive slow
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Hehehe.

Im not fat, but I am hairy.

I have also been known to drive what some people (Corey, Al etc.) might call slow. But they are lunatics, so it doesnt count

I'm not quite at lunatic level - don't want to be handing the licence over!

Nice colour choice btw!

wooow...Backfire..

Well I haven't Spotted a named person yet in a GEN II.. The only other times have been:

a) A fat hairy man on the gateway
    b) old woman (might of been young just didn't look it) driving 20 km/h in a 60's right lane.

so when do spot you or leelu then i'll change it and add

c) Hot Female prob paid to seductively make males or lesbians more interesting in buying an MPS

better?

and naaa you didn't offend me.. you just keep giving Nirvandan ammunition which is bad.
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

wooow...Backfire..

Well I haven't Spotted a named person yet in a GEN II.. The only other times have been:

a) A fat hairy man on the gateway
    b) old woman (might of been young just didn't look it) driving 20 km/h in a 60's right lane.

so when do spot you or leelu then i'll change it and add

c) Hot Female prob paid to seductively make males or lesbians more interesting in buying an MPS

better?

and naaa you didn't offend me.. you just keep giving Nirvandan ammunition which is bad.
    I like c). Let's just add that one now

Wow. Am amazed that you had problems with Tint-a-Car. My MPS was done by the dealer, so not the best but the guarantee is always there. But my previous car was done by Tint-a-Car at Milton, and they were exceptional. Fast, curteous, professional and everything done with a 15 year warranty. Not that I ever had a problem in the 5 years I had the car.

Welcome, and have fun with the clutch. They take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducon View Post
    Wow. Am amazed that you had problems with Tint-a-Car. My MPS was done by the dealer, so not the best but the guarantee is always there. But my previous car was done by Tint-a-Car at Milton, and they were exceptional. Fast, curteous, professional and everything done with a 15 year warranty. Not that I ever had a problem in the 5 years I had the car.

Welcome, and have fun with the clutch. They take some getting used to.
    So am I to be honest! They have such a good rep. I was obviously just unlucky enough to pick a dud franchise!! All good now though, the tint has been redone and I got a full refund.

Have the clutch sorted now - no more stalls on hill starts!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12