User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mazda MPS owner with some questions

Question New Mazda MPS owner with some questions

Hi everyone

I just purchased a new 3 MPS in Red December last year and am absolutely loving it! It was a big call - spending so much on a car but I managed to haggle them down to what I think was a good price. I owned a 2002 Mazda Astina 323 for almost 6 years and got a great price on a private sale in 2008. I then had an adventure in London for 12 months and am now back into a very nice car!

Just wondering if anyone else out there has ever had issues with tinting companies. I dropped my 2 day old car into a tinter and had a major saga with them. They had 2 very bad attempts at the tint job which included bubbles and dust flecks under all windows, tint cut crooked on 3 windows, damage to my window seals and interior and glue left on the rear bumper of the car. They finally got it right at their head office, a majority of the damage was repaired and I got a full refund but it's been a major hassle!! You really don't think you need to check with a big name company that they have a qualified tinter working on the premises. I guess that will learn me for next time!

I also have a question regarding the clutch that I'm hoping to get some advice on. I'm hoping it's not a dumb question! I noticed 2 days ago that the clutch has kind of released and is now sitting further out from the floor than it used to. There seems to be some give in it now before it actually engages and it's affecting the way I drive the car as I'm not used to it. Is this something I should contact Mazda about or is this normal for a car that has only done 3,800km's?

Sorry to ramble on a bit, not sure if this is the right area for the above question either???

Cheers,

to OzMPSClub! Congrats on the purchase - they're an awesome car and glad you enjoy it.

My tint job wasn't the best either, I had the car yard do mine - I should have taken it elsewhere, but hard when you work 6 days a week.

I've not noticed any issues with my clutch, nor the "position" of it - I had an SP23 before the MPS3, and it just feels heavier, alot heavier.

Question your dealer and have them note if it you think it's a concer

2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

I have not had my car tinted yet but I was at a customers house where a guy was tinting the house windows... Ive got his number to call him when I finally decide to get mine done. Im lucky because ive seen his work.

Only problem with my car is its always hard to get a good feel when taking off in first gear. I think its just how our clutches are!

The guys here are great. You will always get a friendly reply.

Welcome along

I'd say if it doesn't feel or look right it probably isn't. And with something as important as the clutch, I'd be straight down there getting them to look at it.

Leelu, hope you enjoy the forums and your new MPS, great colour mate!

I've also sorta notice that on my gen 2, with the clutch sorta sitting more "out" if u get what i mean... i'm sure its normal, mines just got abit over 10,000km and the clutch still feels new definitely a clutch that has to get used to tho... not soft and not hard either... It takes time to get used to from 1st to 2nd as i find its abit "jerkey" or "tends to bump alot" but i've over come that now once u find the biting point of it. Congrats on the purchase~

Talking

Thanks for the advice everyone! Much appreciated! I am definitely loving my new car - although feedback from male colleagues is that it's not a "chicks" car! Am not used to a car that gets stared at so much either!

I too noticed the clutch on the car was quite heavy, I test drove the SP25 and the MPS, not in that order though so the SP25 didn't really have a chance ! I had just got used to the "jerky" 1st to 2nd when something definitely changed and now I feel like I'm all over the shop from 1st to 2nd - stalling it on a hill the other day - Very embarrassing!!

I think I will give the dealer a call and discuss it with them, like you said ZedN if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming, I was a little nervous about joining and posting on here!

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

to OZMPSClub the tittle says it all .(clucthes are tricky stalling quite normal at first )

Col

Hi Leelu, welcome to the best forum in the southern hemisphere. Maybe the folks are looking at you and not your car!!!

Welcome!

If the clutch feel and position has changed like that, it's definitely worth a trip to your dealer.

Enjoy the fun of MPS ownership, they're a hoot

Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your time here.

The 3MPS clutch has been known for it's poppy clutch had mine 3 years and still stuff up 1st and 2nd sometimes it does take a bit of getting use to.

from an mps owner-to-be, the one i test drove the other day had about an inch of "nothingness" or play in the pedal that seemed weird but didnt affect driving it at all, just like as if the clutch pedal sitting out an inch and you would push (very very lightly) through that zone before the clutch got even slightly hard and just began to engage?? is this the same as what your clutch pedal does?? - maybe there is some adjustment can be done?

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how it is now. It wasn't like that when I first bought it though.

I've had it at the dealer this morning, they've checked it out and advised everything's normal. Am pretty much used to the way the clutch is now and at least I know everything's ok with it.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Welcome to the Oz MPS Club ! ! !

Just take it to a registered tinting place (Tint-a-Car) get all my cars tinted there for legAL tint.

I've noticed the MPS Clutch is very sensitive. .

Welcome on board Leelu, missed this threat enjoy your time.

Had my tint done darkest legal at Tint-A-Car. Comes with a 15 year warranty and work was A+.

Hey guys,

My car was actually done with a Tint-a-Car franchise. I paid a large sum of money for the Bolle tint & interior package because I wanted the best for my car. That's why I was so shocked with the amount of hassle I had with it. It's pretty bad when the operations manager comes to inspect the car and says it's the worst tint job he's ever seen!

Like I said though, Head Office made it right eventually and assured me that that particular franchisee had been dealt with. I guess it was just bad luck!

Enjoy the forums and have a good time!

welcome to the forum. hope to see u out on a cruise one day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast