User Tag List

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Rims Here!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Xxr 527's? Yeh I wanted those too. I have seen it done - there is a red car with gold ones but it looks like ass. You don't get the concave effect on the 527s unless you go for the +20 and that ain't ever gonna work...
    Yep! 527's. And I agree. The Rota G force also look great with a 9" and 30 offset. Anything lower has less dish and looses the look.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Xxr 527's? Yeh I wanted those too. I have seen it done - there is a red car with gold ones but it looks like ass. You don't get the concave effect on the 527s unless you go for the +20 and that ain't ever gonna work...

Yeah, i was looking at those but so many people have them on other tuner cars, was looking at the 530. Hopefully there not the same issue

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    @Bakis i have 18x8" +45 offset on mine with 235/40 tires and i had the mazdaspeed coilovers.
    Heres a pic of when i had them set up for the track. I could have gone about another inch lower at the front and rear The guys that installed them said i still had room where it wasnt going to hit any of the coilover parts and such.

Cool thanks man, yeah atm mine sits same height in the front as yours and lower in the rear not to fussed about the guard side of things i can always get them rolled flared and such just need to clear the inside.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

@Bakis
    @3blk

this an 18x9 +30

the XXR 527s in 18x8.75 +35 would sit 8mm closer to the body, so it's doable, but still pretty agressive.

there is a huge number of fitment specs on this thread:

MS3 Wheel Fitment Pics & Specs

and there are lots of offset calculators about, but this one has always worked for me so i use it....

Wheel Offset Calculator

Thanks Smokey that's original picture i found for the stance i want, but i'm not to concerned about the outer stance i know using the offset calculator anying upto 40mm out is sweet, my issue is the strut clearance the way i saw it on the weekend i've got all of 3-5mm before tyre hits the locking ring lol.

Thanks though now i know 9" will work ( forgot were that picture was and the offsets)

MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Although slightly off topic so mods can delete if you want but it does contribute to what people are wanting to do.

What do you guys think about the H&R Trak+ hubcentric wheel spacers to get that extra bit of clearance on the inside..even just to use the 5mm spacer. And since they are hubcentric its not really putting more strain on the studs themselves and you can get long wheel studs if needed.

Well that guy with the black Mazdaspeed in the pic above is on BC coilovers and clearling the locking rings so i think you should be fine.

If it's too close for comfort there are options.

a) grind a flat section on the locking ring.
    b) run narrower tyres/stiffer sidewalls
    c) spacer

Yeah, Smokey thats what i keep thinking i certainly cant be the only one with this issue so maybe i just wing it, but outside of that option a it is.

Last case id use spacers but then if you want a concave look your rims will be flatter anyway unless your going to poke about 45mm lol

you can get 2-5mm shim spacers. Won't unbalance your wheels as they will still sit on the hub locator.....

but just go down to a wheel shop and see how you go.

Advanced Tyres in Richmond carry the XXR range and lots of similar sized rims.

i think i may go 5mm or 10mm spacers on mine as with the coilover i needed my rear guards rolled and looked decent but now with just the springs i dunno but to me they seem to sitting inside the guards abit more..sooo need more flush lol

10mm spacer you will need longer studbolts

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2

Eibach Spacers have studbolts already on them

yea the H&R trak+ come with the longer studs from 10mm and up

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    i think i may go 5mm or 10mm spacers on mine as with the coilover i needed my rear guards rolled and looked decent but now with just the springs i dunno but to me they seem to sitting inside the guards abit more..sooo need more flush lol
    shouldnt be sitting any further in - the hubs don't change their relative position to the car with diff suspension.

The height might just be creating the illusion but if anything, the lower you go the further they should sit inboad due to natural negative camber of the suspension geometry, particularly the rear. So if your coilovers were higher than that might be the case....

Otherwise i'd suggest also a wheel alignment, because changing your ride height can also impact toe which can create the illusion of the wheel sitting in further depending on which angle you look at.

Besides @STEALTH_MPS, aren't you setting your car up for long distance drives? You don't want spacers....they're just one more thing to go wrong.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Yep! 527's. And I agree. The Rota G force also look great with a 9" and 30 offset. Anything lower has less dish and looses the look.

Here is a MPS 3 with XXR 527s in +35....looks like a big round tyred moon buggy. Not good. Its a shame because i rate these wheels, I've seen them on EVO's and WRX's in +20 and they look amaze-balls.

Look better on Gen 2 i reckon

Last edited by SMOKEY; 24-07-2012 at 01:04 PM.

To get that bulging rubber on a 9" rim they have to be at least 245s...

@SMOKEY when i installed the stock shocks and springs they did a wheel alignment as well. I had my rear guard rolled and slightly flared as i was rubbing pretty bad so i think it is just my imagination.
    But im also going to be putting on the stock mps 6 rims and spraying them gloss black so want them to sit a little more flush so a hubcentric spacer will be alot safer then just getting the ones u slip on and the wheel will still be sitting on the extra part of the hub add on thingy if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    To get that bulging rubber on a 9" rim they have to be at least 245s...

yep 245/40/18....needs 225's and a massive drop. Not feeling that colour either, but would look on true red.

Only reason i want wider wheels is to fit 235s outside of that i'm happy with the height and oem rims but wouldn't mind having them for the track only

New rims fitted today - some shortage of wheels issue lead me to go up a size.

20x8.5 - yes they are big and yeah they rub on the rear - guards getting done tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4819.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	12364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4824.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	12365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4812.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	12366  

Very nice Terra,
    How much are you paying for guard rolling?

Guy is travelling up from Goldy to do it - mobile service. $150 for rears. figure im paying a little in his travel but he had a red mps 6 on his webite and sounded like he knew what he was on about. He said usually dont need to to fronts but I'm unsure.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast