User Tag List

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Rims Here!

Blog Entries

Default Post Your Rims Here!

Lenso Something

45 offset, 235 tires, guards needed a good roll.

2. Default

Heres mine

Wolf RTS MFB ?? 18x8 +45 offset tyres 225/40/18 as u can see not lowered.

Last edited by blackbetty; 23-12-2008 at 09:53 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    Lenso Something

45 offset, 235 tires, guards needed a good roll.
    Shin for my next set of tyres I want to put 235's 40 or 45 profile on my 8" rim, Ive checked out tyre calculators and stuff and know its ok. What I am wondering about though is the rubbing, remembering Im most likely not lowering it (while I live where I live anyhow). Will I have any issues ?
    Last edited by blackbetty; 23-12-2008 at 09:54 PM.

4. Default

i once put my rx7 wheels on my mps 3 for ****s and giggles they were 17'' 235/40 front & rear 255/40 man the back hung out like dogs balls like 1'' or more. i wish i took a photo of it lol. oh the handling was great if you liked driving a tank that is. srubed out big time in the rear. what i have on now is ya standard 18'' with 225/40. anyhow good luck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Shin for my next set of tyres I want to put 235's 40 or 45 profile on my 8" rim, Ive checked out tyre calculators and stuff and know its ok. What I am wondering about though is the rubbing, remembering Im most likely not loweing it (while I live where I live anyhow). Will I have any issues ?
    On an MPS3 - and I think the clearances are similar if not same as MPS6:

215/45R18 on 18x8+48 known to get cut sidewall under hard cornering by unrolled rear guard - just.

225/45R18 on 18x8+50 tentative OK - real close might vary between tire manufacturers (RX-8 rims)

235/40R18 on 18x8+50 will also cut on sidewall under heavy compression. (RX-8 rim's)

So for offsets lower than +50, you will definitely need to roll the rear guards...even if only for safety
    offsets lower than +45 will need more than a gentle roll...
    +40 would likely need pumped guards - bit silly if you ask me. Likely no chance of being legal.
    +42 has been done on 3MPS, but with 7.5" rims and apparently doesn't rub. 8" rims +42 would be a guaranteed problem.

Best practice is to minimize the change in offset. I'm going +48. They land this week ....

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    On an MPS3 - and I think the clearances are similar if not same as MPS6:

215/45R18 on 18x8+48 known to get cut sidewall under hard cornering by unrolled rear guard - just.

225/45R18 on 18x8+50 tentative OK - real close might vary between tire manufacturers (RX-8 rims)

235/40R18 on 18x8+50 will also cut on sidewall under heavy compression. (RX-8 rim's)

So for offsets lower than +50, you will definitely need to roll the rear guards...even if only for safety
    offsets lower than +45 will need more than a gentle roll...
    +40 would likely need pumped guards - bit silly if you ask me. Likely no chance of being legal.
    +42 has been done on 3MPS, but with 7.5" rims and apparently doesn't rub. 8" rims +42 would be a guaranteed problem.

Best practice is to minimize the change in offset. I'm going +48. They land this week ....
    My current rims ar 8" +45 offset with 225/40 tyres and i dont have any cutting scrubbing or anything ... are the guards on a 6 more roomier than the 3 then ?

Blog Entries

My current rims ar 8" +45 offset with 225/40 tyres and i dont have any cutting scrubbing or anything ... are the guards on a 6 more roomier than the 3 then ?
    They might have a few more mm. I doubt it would be much.

The 215/45 @ +48 and 235/40 @ +50 that rub, only _just_ rubbed. Owners drove for months on them without it ever happening. Thing to bear in mind is that it is the emergency situation or unexpected circumstance when they touch - under heavy suspension compression. And that could potentially be the difference between a recovery and a tyre blowout.

The rest of the time you wouldn't know. Your 40 profile gives you more mm clearance, too.
    Last edited by Nexus; 23-12-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: typo

Mel - if you dont want to get them rolled I'd stick with 225's, traction difference would be marginal at best for a stock awd car.

Enkei's - nice and light - please please please would somebody clean them for me???

18 x 7.5", 50 offset

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by GGG; 23-12-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Shin for my next set of tyres I want to put 235's 40 or 45 profile on my 8" rim, Ive checked out tyre calculators and stuff and know its ok. What I am wondering about though is the rubbing, remembering Im most likely not lowering it (while I live where I live anyhow). Will I have any issues ?
    I had my rims on before lowering and the rear guards rubbed big time with just me in it- profile is 40.

I then had the rear guards rolled, just the top and they still rubbed at about 2pm from the centre of the wheel on to the guard...then rolled again properly so all the lip was flattened and finally no more rub. Rolling is around $110 for two guards and if you are want to get them rolled in Sydney I can hook you up with a mobile guard roller who does an awesome job.

cheers,
    Peter
    Quote:
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Blog Entries

+1 Enkei's

I'm waiting for a set of 18x7.5+48 RPF1 to land....will post a pic when I get to see them. Probably won't fit till mid Jan.
    You'rs are RPM1 (?)

8 less spokes to clean :

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Enkei's - nice and light - please please please would somebody clean them for me???

18 x 7.5", 50 offset

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Nexus; 23-12-2008 at 11:38 PM.

Nevermind Guest

where are the 3's!

I believe they call these "cheap and nasty" *grins*

18x7.5
    RJR chrome rims + Yokohama A Drive rubber
    Will be getting something different later on with a new bodykit

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    +1 Enkei's

I'm waiting for a set of 18x7.5+48 RPF1 to land....will post a pic when I get to see them. Probably won't fit till mid Jan.
    You'rs are RPM1 (?)
    RPM2 or Bortex, you wont regret the purchase.

When I am sponging away at the rims with a bucket of water, I just keep reminding myself of the improved driving response.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    where are the 3's!
    Who cares? We are on a roll with real performance cars here.
    Last edited by shinslinger66; 24-12-2008 at 04:36 AM.

NFI what mine are.... i just said, "show me what fits" i need new rubber as that is the rubber that came with car, it just fits rim.... however i was thinkning of spening about 2-4k on rims, as i wanted something really nice, i did not have alot to choose from......... kinda disappointed when the whole set fitted and it was only $200.00 i remember saying i did not want any thing cheap and nasty! Suggestions of where to go next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	med.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2047.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	108  

Blog Entries

i think oyur rims are pretty good, but would look much better with a drop- not sure if that would suit the family though- my ride is pretty bumpy.

Latool - you could always go coilies...lower the beast without too many extra bumps.

Blog Entries

good idea.

what benifits are there to lowering a vehicle other than looks...... i kinda like that i can take me car everywhere....

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast