User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey from WA

1. Default Hey from WA

Hi All

I'm a long time Mazda fan but a newbie MPS fan in need of advice.

I'm currently on the hunt for a Mazda6 MPS. The choices that I have narrowed down are 2006 - 2007 models ranging from about 44,000 to 60,00 kms.

My question is, are there any common problems or bugs that I should look out for with them or any problems that usually present themselves around the magic 100,000 km mark?

Cheers

Default Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

plenty of knowledgeable ppl here with mps 6's excellent choice awesome horn car
    Col

hi and welcome

yeh as col sed heaps of support for the 6 mps here in WA ummm jus not rite now by the looks of it lol jus keep an eye on the threads and the search is ur friend

4. Default

how come you have exclded the 2005 year model ... and welcom by the way and you have made an excellent decision

Ms Mazda, Nice car the MPS6, love mine!

Not too many problems, but check these threads for some info, also try searching for specific issues or ask away.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...nty-fixes.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...solutions.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

6. Default

Thanks for the welcome and help guys

blackbetty, unfortunately a lot of the examples of the pre 2006 model either had quite high km's or they had spent a lot of time in the harsh sun. There are plenty great ones around but I'm after a red or a black one which narrows the options quite a bit!

7. Default

well you cant go wrong with red or black good luck in finding one

theres a red one (with leather/sunroof/bose)at Wangara. theyve dropped the price down quite a bit.
    theres also a red one at John Huges Park Ford but has some damage to the rear bumper (grey plastic)

theres some black ones in bentley auto but done over 100K kms

i know this as i went through all 9 for sale...picking up my silver one today(hopefully)

and yeah great bunch of folks here (i only joined abt a week ago)

9. Default

Yeah the red one at Wangara is on the short list

Had a look at the one at John Hughes but it didn't have the sunroof and leather option so I was a bit aprehensive about it. I had no idea there was damage to the bumper though so that one might be out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Mazda View Post
    Yeah the red one at Wangara is on the short list

Had a look at the one at John Hughes but it didn't have the sunroof and leather option so I was a bit aprehensive about it. I had no idea there was damage to the bumper though so that one might be out.

Thanks
    when i went 2 weeks ago the wangara one was $31K
    in this weeks paper theyve lowered it to around $28-27K now...and the sales people called me this week but i had a lready signed mine off.

yeah the one at John Hughes has damage on the grey plastic part (the bit that surrounds the exhaust tips) i took pics of it but deleted them so cant show ya...but they wouldnt fix it before sale and they apparently cost $450 per side to fix. boo

on another note...ive just come back from picking up my liquid silver MPS!

11. Default

Wow the dealer in Wangara must be keen to get rid of it. That's awesome, hopefully I can bargain them down a bit more!! Haha

Yeah stuff that other one, the last thing you want to do when you get a new (well, near new) car is to have to fix something right away.

Congrats on your new one, have you been driving it everywhere and anywhere for no particular reason like everyone does when they get a new car?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Mazda View Post
    Wow the dealer in Wangara must be keen to get rid of it. That's awesome, hopefully I can bargain them down a bit more!! Haha

Yeah stuff that other one, the last thing you want to do when you get a new (well, near new) car is to have to fix something right away.

Congrats on your new one, have you been driving it everywhere and anywhere for no particular reason like everyone does when they get a new car?
    yeah i dont think many people know what MPS are so they genereally dont sell...i got mine from melville holden and most people who go there would rather get a commondore for that price.

ive been using the mps for my work site visits. we get all sorts of cool cars here for work use (i work for local gov) ranging from liberties/forrestors/aurions/comoredores/falcons...but yeah i took the mps out. its such a nice car to drive and can handle "normal" driving really easy.

best of luck on finding "the one"

welcome to the forum. good luck in finding your 6 ms mazda

Welcome MsMazda enjoy the forum....

any news on gettin one yet?

16. Default

Yep

After much searching we found a great one.
    Very low km's, immaculate condition and warranty until June 2011!

It's such a nice car to drive and they really do have balls when you need to get up & go!
    I love seeing the look on people's faces when I zoom past. Harldy anyone knows what they are, they're a good sleeper!

It's funny that when you get a new car, you always start noticing the other one's around. I spotted one like mine and a cherry black one around my work, both within 3 days.

It desparately needs to be lowered but I'm not touching it until the warranty has run out.

Last edited by Ms Mazda; 06-03-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Ms MAZDA, Well done! Looks nice. I wrote a note indicating others that were for sale but by the time I posted it you had already bought. If you need local advice or a chat, feel free to PM me. Have fun. Sounds like you're enjoying it already. Sleepers rool!!

18. Default

congrats on finding one and glad your loving it, they are a sensational car.

Yours looks so nice and clean

Now you own a cool car...Enjoy your stylish ride!

schweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast