User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 05 Build

Default MPS 6 05 Build

Good news everyone=) im 99% certain im getting the black MPS6 thats been on sale for a WHILEE. It comes with warranty till end of october, okay back to my question.

I've been researching this forum and many others and seem to hear the Clutch, Rear Diff and Wheel Alignment.

Wheel alignment isnt an issue for me my friends dad owns a tyre shop and will do it for free.

The other 2 on the other hand.... For people in perth have you had your clutch replaced? from what i have read mazda has updated the clutches on the 06 build thus 05 builds should get it replaced? am i right?

and the Rear Diff is this a known problem for mazda to want to replace it for me? i havnt gotten the car yet but would like to plan ahead just incase.....

a quote i got from ozmazda.com

"There is a replacement kit available, replaceable under warranty, i've read that this is being done on VINS above 519196. Some people have had trouble with dealers, if one knocks you back, try another, you can always contact Mazda HQ for a firm answer and they will hound any service centre which knocks you back unceessarily"

You may well find your clutch has been done under warranty. You will know when you test drive it. If it feels heavyish but normalish it should be fine. If it snatches despite your best efforts it needs doing. It will not be you, but the car.
    Before I had mine done a tyre mechanic refused to reverse it off a lift!

I have a 05 build with the original clutch and rear diff. It took me a few days and a couple of stalls to get used to the grabby clutch but now it’s not an issue.

My rear diff whines between about 70-75km/h and I sometimes notice a resonating vibration when cruising on 100km/h. I tried to get it replaced under warranty but they told me it was normal for the MPS6. Now days I can't really hear it over the exhaust so it doesn't bother me.

Another common issue that I have just got is smoking during prolonged idle due to bad turbo seals I believe. I’m not sure if this will be visible with the stock exhaust fitted as I only noticed it after I installed an aftermarket system.

4. Default

haha toddy, your sig mods look very familiar.

Mines an Oct 06 build and clutch was never a problem for me. My stories and others can be found here...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...nty-fixes.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...solutions.html

6. Default

mines an 05 build and I did have the clutch replaced, I personally didnt mind it as I felt it was similar to my Subaru clutch in my previous car but my bf who is used to Hondas and stuff hated it so I got it done ... you dont have to get it done

I have never had diff whine or vibration issues so not all of them have it.

The smoking turbo due to blown seals is a known issue in all MPS's and even CX7's from what I understand. If its blowing white smoke and smells like burnt plastic your seals gone ... again doesnt happen to everyones car

oh btw super congrats on purchasing an '05 black MPS6
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

06' build, clutch replaced under warranty (stat used car warranty)
    VCT actuator replaced under Mazda New car warranty

New tyres fixed the rear diff res vibrations

thanks guys i talked to a mate of mine that works for Parkland Mazda and he said the VIN of the car is the ones that are affected with the clutch so thus it should be covered under warranty, he also said this car has had its 'Mats' replaced 2x any1 know why?:S

Also he said that even though the VIN checks out to have the 'affected' clutches the Tech people have to take it for a test drive first? man im confused if its affected why dont they just change it? thanks again for the reply guys, and im sooo excited, watchd the top gear episode with the mps6 again and my god im excited lol

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    thanks guys i talked to a mate of mine that works for Parkland Mazda and he said the VIN of the car is the ones that are affected with the clutch so thus it should be covered under warranty, he also said this car has had its 'Mats' replaced 2x any1 know why?:S

Also he said that even though the VIN checks out to have the 'affected' clutches the Tech people have to take it for a test drive first? man im confused if its affected why dont they just change it? thanks again for the reply guys, and im sooo excited, watchd the top gear episode with the mps6 again and my god im excited lol
    Congrats mate, look forward to catching up when you get it meanwhile enjoy this.

[YOUTUBE]o4IYv9dop8Q[/YOUTUBE]
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

10. Default

I can only guess its because the pin holding the MPS badge breaks and the MPS badge ends up spinning around ... I never knew they would replace them I superglued the sucker back down

Chris thats by far my favourite MPS6 video ... I even think I posted it on here

MPS6 IT IS, receiving it on sunday!!!!!!

yer no nt getting it any more, seller pulled out today fuking hell FML

13. Default

dont give up looking Mate you wont regret it and you will love your car to bits ... there are two sexy ones over in WA from members on here, you would know for sure they are well loooked after and pampered

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    I can only guess its because the pin holding the MPS badge breaks and the MPS badge ends up spinning around ... I never knew they would replace them I superglued the sucker back down

Chris thats by far my favourite MPS6 video ... I even think I posted it on here
    Yes you did, had to trawl the YT thread to find it

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    dont give up looking Mate you wont regret it and you will love your car to bits ... there are two sexy ones over in WA from members on here, you would know for sure they are well loooked after and pampered
    Yeah mate, don't give up there are quite a few around and probably will be for a while yet - reason 3 year leases are coming up for renewal and some are upgrading to something else rather than keeping, your win, their loss
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Yes yes I know Glenns is very nice. I'm trying to convince my brother that it's been well taken care off but he doesn't agree because it's had a few mods done to it in the past such as the bov etc =\

16. Default

I would honestly say I would rather buy a car off someone here as they would pamper it like their firstborn esp one as neat and tidy looking at Glenns ... and generally (no offense young MPS3 guys) the 6's are owned by older people who enjoy the car for what it is and all the mods are tasteful and well researched and not over the top

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

If I was buying a 2nd hand MPS I would feel much better about it buying it off someone from here thats for sure
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Yes I know bb but my brother doesn't agree because Its been nodded it's stupid I know but I'm still tryin to convince him the car was taken care rly well

There are very much 2 types of buyers of "interesting" cars. One type will be wowed by modded styling and modded engines etc and will pay a premium "if it is to their taste". A huge unknown. The other type see them as a long term purchase and have probably lusted after one for years. They want the car in original condition OR can be put back to original quite easily. I would strongly advise anyone who has modded their car to keep the original replaced parts. It may help when you sell it. If the 6MPS becomes a classic it will definitely help.
    I agree that a forum members car will also sell better.

Hey foxy thanks for that, yeah immgna call
    Glenn today to view the car and well hopefully all works out well