User Tag List

Thread: Hi, new MPS owner here

Default Hi, new MPS owner here

hello
    im new to this forum and have wanted a 6 MPS since it came out, and was actually about to buy a SP23/25...didn't even bother looking into the MPS as didn't realise the price had dropped a heap since new...but saw one for $24K (over 100K kms) and then from there on saw 9 more for sale.

anyways...after playing hard ball with several dealers i finally signed off/traded in my 2005 pulsar for a nice shiny liquid silver 06 MPS 6 with the leather pack/sunroof...after the trade in i got the MPS for $19,750 with 65 kms on the clock.

hopefully pick it up this week and learn a whole heap (and waste time) on this forum

welcome to the forum and I am sure you will enjoy the MPS6

Welcome Johnny, you have made an excellent choice with the 6. Fairly new owner myself and I am LOVING mine, best car I have ever owned.
    Leon

Welcome to MPS ownership JohnnyC!

If you enjoy it half as much as I am enjoying my MPS3 purchased less than a month ago, you'll be a very happy man...

Congrats!

thanks all...my wife was actually the one who steered me in the direction...shes been a mazda girl here whole life and i was stupidly wanting a ford xr6!
    this wait is killing me (after driving a poosar for the last 3years)

welcome to the forum. look forward to seeing some pics of the new ride

JohnnyC, congratulations on your MPS 6 purchase. Hope to catch up with you sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    JohnnyC, congratulations on your MPS 6 purchase. Hope to catch up with you sometime!
    cheers shakespeare. i live in maylands...less than 5mins from wood bros mazda(guildford road) if you know where that is.
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 14-02-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Yeah, I'm south but got my 6 from Wood Bros as it's not far from work, in fact taking it in Monday morning for it's 60,000 and final service before warranty expires!

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Yeah, I'm south but got my 6 from Wood Bros as it's not far from work, in fact taking it in Monday morning for it's 60,000 and final service before warranty expires!
    ah cool. i work south...hence i decided to get a nice car for the drive.
    i will have to get some thoughts from you RE wood bros.
    i purchased my MPS6 from melville holden, however got the 5 star premium 3 year warranty that covers apparently a whole heap of stuff and i can service it just about anywhere.

saw your reply in my other thread and your links...jesus...youve got one sweet automobile. must be your pride and joy.

im going to try and keep mine stock for as long as i can (stupid idea joining this forum haha) as if its anything like my music equipment addiction...this could end up burning a big(ger) hole in my wallet.

No probs mate, send me a PM if you have any questions or want to catch up, I work in Kewdale but spend a bit of time on the road (north and south) Nothing wrong with stock, took me about 18 months till I started playing, so you got plenty of time

12. Default

Welcome Johnny and what a super choice in ca you have made ... dont worry mines pretty bog stock too and I love it more and more each day even after having her nearly 3 years now.

Be great to see some pics when you pick your new toy up and youve got a great bunch of people over there in WA, its MPS6 capital of Australia by the sounds of it

hey welcome! good luck tryin to keep away from mods

hey chris i didnt kno u work in kewdale? thats wher im livin now lol my old stomping ground hehe im rite nex to belmont forum

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    hey welcome! good luck tryin to keep away from mods

hey chris i didnt kno u work in kewdale? thats wher im livin now lol my old stomping ground hehe im rite nex to belmont forum
    Sorry to hijack your thread JohnnyC

Yeah Carl, I'm at Symbion on Abernethy Road! Belmont is my hang out if I need a shopping or lunch fix when I'm at the office!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Johhny

Congratulations and welcome!

hopefully pick it up tommorow!!!

wait is killing me.

I hate the wait! I had to wait a month before my MPS 3 (Gen 2) arrived. But the wait is always worth it! Good luck!

Just picked it up…

very nice clutch and gear box. Loving 3rd gear atm. Managed to get it into 6th…but didn’t really have any long runs to open it up. Its still easy to drive normally and cruise control works.
    No window tinting thou…have to sort that out quick smart.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Just picked it up…

very nice clutch and gear box. Loving 3rd gear atm. Managed to get it into 6th…but didn’t really have any long runs to open it up. Its still easy to drive normally and cruise control works.
    No window tinting thou…have to sort that out quick smart.

Need the tinting in WA!

Congrats Mate, oh that MPS 6 feeling, enjoy
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6