User Tag List

Thread: mps 3 tyre options

1. Question mps 3 tyre options

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site. Have owned a 3 mps Black since Dec 2008 (new). so far have clocked 30K plus and I still have not manged to get the smile off my face until today !!

Just had the car serviced where i was advised the4 boots need replacing. I have had a lot of fun with the OEM material but at $556 a boot I thought that I should do some research on what is available. I have read the threads on this site and thought it would be good to provide an update:

so far this is what I have found in the OEM size of 215/45R18 (Sydney prices):

Falken ZE912 $310.00
    Nankang AS1 $210.00
    Pirelli Pzero $385.00
    Hankook Ventus $290.00
    yokohama Advan Sport $405.00
    Bridgestone Poternza $556.00

Does anyone have any comment to make on any of these brands. At this point I am leaning towards the pirelli's as I have been told that they are slightly better the the Yoko's but not as good at the OEM bridgestones.

Any help/experience you can provide would be most appreciated.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7037955_n.jpg

get a set of KU36'S semi slicks awesome price for awesome grip

get some falke rt-615's

Tyre thread...heaps of discussion in there, take the time to read it all.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...res-3mpss.html

I inherited Wardski's wheels that he mentions on that first page of that thread and I completely agree with him the Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalins are worth the cash. I have never felt safer in a vehicle.

Maybe not as relevant, but I have Adrenalins as well...love em and would happily recommend them.

You have them at an expensive price though, mine were only $365 a corner (235/40/18 though)

I have recently replaced my 2 front tyres with the Potenzas. I picked them up for around $470 from Kmart Phillip & speak with Paul or Steve & tell them Sam sent you......Not bad blokes at all & will do a decent job...........Anyways see how you go......have a good weekend.............laters

I replaced my fronts too (finally) I got 225/45 Potenzas for $230/tyre. I happen to know the guys from the tyre shop though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I replaced my fronts too (finally) I got 225/45 Potenzas for $230/tyre. I happen to know the guys from the tyre shop though.
    damn man that is cheap as chips. wish i had come and saw u when i was getting my tyres!!!
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

Wow shows you how much mark up most places are putting on them then... Shop around...

11. Default

kumho ku36 in 225/45/r18 or kumho ku31 in 215/45/r18
    - tempe tyres (possibly the cheapest)
    - wilpower tyres revesby
    - Option 1 Garage - performance car japanese performance parts Brisbane Queensland Australia workshop drift racing nissan (get them fitted wherever)

otherwise, there are falken 615s, but they are overpriced in my opinion compared to the ku-36s

and despite what everyone says, ku-36 and 615s are not semi slicks, they are just softer compund
    Last edited by kagerou; 15-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.