User Tag List

Thread: Gear Selector Cable damaged whilst at Mazda!

Exclamation Gear Selector Cable damaged whilst at Mazda!

Hi guys,

In link with my other thread regarding the ECU update I have a further problem.

I took the car (2006 6 MPS) in their (Mazda Dealer) originally because of an irritating bearing noise coming from the front of the car.

At the end of the 8 hour day i went to pick my car up...
    They said the bearing noise is normal but theres a problem with my gear selector cable!?

He showed me the problem-
    Reverse gear | 1st gear | 3rd gear | 5th gear, so all the top gears on the lever are REALLY SLOPPY to get into and you cant feel if they have engaged.

Reverse will now not engage until you try about 2-3 times and then run through 1st, 2nd a few times before trying Reverse Gear.

I hadnt driven it yet so I didnt say much except that seems odd as it never done this before. The service manager put it down to the cable being damaged 2 months ago when the clutch was put in. He showed me the cable and it has a bend in it...?!

I took the car home, drove it...

THE CAR DEFIANTLY DID NOT GO TO MAZDA LIKE THE WAY IT IS NOW!
    The top gears are sloppy, wont go into reverse without serious trying.

I went back to Mazda this morning and approached the Service Manager nicely and stated theres a problem. My car didn't come in like this...
    He said it must be coincidence that something went wrong while we had it.

I put it down to a stupid mechanic taking it for a flogging and then broke something and brought it back. The car had an extra 63kms on it when i got it back!!

Service Manager said that they can fix it under warranty if the people that did the clutch wont cover it....

Guilty Conscience....

Thoughts?

Cheers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Blog Entries

Firstly good to see the service manager came to the party.

I honestly think all dealers need to "police" test driving off the car after a service, especially since there seem to be a lot more modded and performance cars going into normal dealers.

Imagine if some just turned mechanic from apprentice got to "test drive" your pride and joy around the bloke and did even more damage...I don't like anyone driving my car unless I know they can treat it right.

3. Default

63k's does sound excessive

I would have said the same thing, 63km is a bit excessive!

(When mine went in the other day to get the bumper replaced and resprayed, mine had 0.8km on the clock extra - 800m.... I'd say someone took mine "around the block" as well... I don't think they could do 800m in the yard....)

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post

I honestly think all dealers need to "police" test driving off the car after a service, especially since there seem to be a lot more modded and performance cars going into normal dealers.

Imagine if some just turned mechanic from apprentice got to "test drive" your pride and joy around the bloke and did even more damage...I don't like anyone driving my car unless I know they can treat it right.
    True. The service manager said the only people to drive my car were 'Luke' and Himself... and he rekns that they were with each other everytime they drove it so no one could have 'taken it for a flogging'......

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    63k's does sound excessive
    True, I am glad they took it for a proper drive, although the service manger did later tell me he used my car to drop a client off in crafers, about 10kms away....
    Funny, didnt realize cars in for service\inspection are used for taxi's... lol

Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

This is what scares me about "mechanics" test driving my car.... Luckily i haven't had any problems occur after they have driven the car.

I got a service done recently and asked them to check out what sounded like a thrust bearing problem. (Bearing noise when clutch is out, goes away when clutch is in - starting to get on my nerves as its quite noticeable)

Received the response "This is normal for this model - no issue"

Sounds like the same response they give everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    This is what scares me about "mechanics" test driving my car.... Luckily i haven't had any problems occur after they have driven the car.

I got a service done recently and asked them to check out what sounded like a thrust bearing problem. (Bearing noise when clutch is out, goes away when clutch is in - starting to get on my nerves as its quite noticeable)

Received the response "This is normal for this model - no issue"

Sounds like the same response they give everyone else...
    I have spoken to 2 other people with Mazda 3's and a 6. Both of them said, ALL THEY GET IS 'its normal for this car to do that' or ' it sounds the same as the other one we had here yesterday'

Yeah... doesn't mean it should sound like that! haha

I think the Thrust bearing Issue is because most Factory Clutch Assemblies use Plastic Caged Thrust Bearings... have a look around for Metal Cased after Market ones before a Clutch replacement.. and even if you cant find one.. make sure you get the Person doing the clutch replacement to replace the Thrust Bearing Regardless!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post

Not only that but in WA with our wonderful "hoon" laws, if the mechanic is caught hooning (excessive speed) with your car, the car gets impounded for 28 days!!! I presume everyone has read about the impounded Lambo which was being taken for a test drive by the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Watto View Post
    Not only that but in WA with our wonderful "hoon" laws, if the mechanic is caught hooning (excessive speed) with your car, the car gets impounded for 28 days!!! I presume everyone has read about the impounded Lambo which was being taken for a test drive by the mechanic.
    from what i have read that law is being amedned so that if a mechanic is caught hooning in a customers car the mechanic's own car would be seized instead of the customers
    Visa - Making Broke Mo-Fo's look like ballers since 1958
    Asking for forgivness is easier than asking for permission - Jesse James
    Wakefield - 1:23.9 (natsoft)
    Winton - 1:55.3 (natsoft)