User Tag List

Thread: Apprant new 6 MPS genuine software update

Post Apprant new 6 MPS genuine software update

Gday guys,

I have another thread about why what when I took my 06' 6 MPS into my mazda dealer but they told me they 'reflashed' my ECU with the latest ECU SOFTWARE only just brought out this week!

I doubted this and rang another dealer.
    The other dealer said that there was software brought out for the DIESEL 3 and 6 but not the MPS...

My car was in at Mazda about 3 weeks ago and they said that the new software only came out after then...

So, Has anyone had an update on their ecu over the last 2-3 weeks?

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Mines going in for a 60,000km service next week, so will ask the question then!

ECU updates aren't always good news. About 2 years ago my 6MPS got an update and it felt better for it. However some Mazdaspeed 6 owners in USA had bad experiences with one of their updates, felt like a detune. The worst thing was they couldn't have the old version back.
    My advice is to not let a dealer touch your ECU unless he/she can confirm that it is an improvement for you, not just the "environment".