User Tag List

Thread: New CPe Dump Pipe + stock cat back installed

Default New CPe Dump Pipe + stock cat back installed

Hey Guys,

Just wanna thank Aaron from MPSGarage for the amazing service and workmanship on my car.

Had my CPe dump pipe installed on Tuesday and left the stock cat back.

Let me just list my mods so that you can get an idea of what I had on before the DP went in.

2008 MPS
    CPe cold air intake
    TurboXS BOV
    CPe 60duro rear engine mount

So after the install I had to drive home from the workshop back into the city, I was giving it a little squeeze here and there and could definitely feel the power increase straight away. The turbo is spooling faster and it is pulling alot harder

The sound is also deeper and throatier but only to the point where it is just right.

Decided to take the car out again tonight to a mates place that has a stock 2007 MPS and let him take my car for a drive to compare. I also took his for a drive just to see what a stock MPS was like. As he pulled away (In my car) the sound from the new dump pipe was noticeble, sounds tough but nothing crazy like having a full exhaust on.

So all in all the CPe dump pipe did give a very noticable power increase and the car feels alot meaner and quicker.

Thanks again to mpsgarage. Absolutely loving the DP upgrade and recommend it to anyone.

I do believe there is no need to get a modified cat back fitted to the rest of the exhaust system, as the dump pipe upgrade pretty much gives you the complete power increase you are after and if you want a Cat Back exhaust as well, then you'd only do it if you want the sound as there is no power difference between for example having a Full CPe TBE vs CPe Dump Pipe + stock cat back.

Hope this helps anyone else on deciding wether or not to get a new DP!

Cheers
    Last edited by mattmps; 10-02-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks for the feedback MattMPS, I'm too was contemplating the dump pipe upgrade but am so worried about smoking turbo issues which have been related to dump pipe upgrade. If you have problems with the smoking issues later on at least you will probably be under warranty. Unfortunately my warranty has expired.

Any one know how much a Catted CP-E Downpipe weighs?

Not sure about the 3, but for the 6 it's light enough that you can lift it up with 1 hand. I've had my DP on for about 4 months and no smoke still.

So a new exhaust adds no extra power??so just a dump pipe will provide the same amount of power with the stock system?Thanks

yup.. the 2.5" stock sytem will flow more than required at the power levels we're at

from what i understand the mid pipe of the mps is quite restrictig..anywhere that i can get a mid pipe 3" that will go into the stock car back?Not too educated on exhaust so not sure if that would work?

Thanks

The mid (or test) pipe replaces the factory second cat, this has been frowned upon by some people & exhaust shops as it is removing a part of the vehicles emission control, it is however not legally required for the gen 1 MPS's as we were on an older emmisions standard when the car was introduced that would pass with a single cat, the gen 2 may be a different story. As far as performance goes, it makes the car feel a little snappier and a tad less asthmatic, but dont expect miraclulous power gains, miracles come in the form of 3" stainless downpipes.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    from what i understand the mid pipe of the mps is quite restrictig..anywhere that i can get a mid pipe 3" that will go into the stock car back?Not too educated on exhaust so not sure if that would work?

Thanks
    See my for sale thread.. i have just what your looking for...