User Tag List

Thread: Bang for Buck - what's the go?

1. Default Bang for Buck - what's the go?

Been considering mods for my mps6 for a little while now - what should I go for?

Atm I do want to get them done on the cheap, so considering small things - SRI, Exhaust

I'm after responsiveness and handling, so what's good in the price/Performance category? I'm pretty damn impressed with the beast as is, but a little more never hurt anyone - anybody got opinions?
    Last edited by Lardman; 10-02-2010 at 01:31 PM.

2. Default

Rear engine mount is good start. Cheap and easy to install. Have a search through the forum as well as I am sure I have seen this question once or twice before.

I disagree with the rear mount, as I have posted before. Bang for buck - better suspension - either decent spring + shock combination or coilovers. Engine wise - full intake.

Now if you only want to do cheap mods - lowering springs or SRI.

4. Default

Hi Lardman,

Best bang for your buck would no doubt be a Corksport SRI intake kit.
    Its as a SRI & a turbo inlet pipe for $369.00
    Here's the link

If you have any questions feel free to contact us

Nissan R35 GTR| Mazda MPS3 | Mitsubishi EVOX | Subaru WRX | MPS Garage

5. Default

Looks good actually. :P

Is there any way to get a quiet, high-performance exhaust? Hate that drone.. :<

That said I've been planning on heading up to sydney for a see some mates so I might pay you guys at mpsgarage a visit

Handling? Bugger off the stock tyres and get some Falken RT 615's
    PM Man|ac for some good prices in syd

Power, Go for an SRI if you are looking for something easy to remove.. if not a full CAI.

7. Default

Definitely got the SRI on the list and Tyres - any other ideas? i know the usual next steps are the DP and exhaust, but I might want to avoid those as I don't really want the loud burbling, and especially the drone.

I don't want to lower the car anymore than it is, too... so would that rule out different shocks?

8. Default

Maybe try sway bars for suspension. Haven't upgraded them on my MPS yet but they did wonders for my previous car. Won't affect ride height.

Quote Originally Posted by Lardman View Post
    Definitely got the SRI on the list and Tyres - any other ideas? i know the usual next steps are the DP and exhaust, but I might want to avoid those as I don't really want the loud burbling, and especially the drone.

I don't want to lower the car anymore than it is, too... so would that rule out different shocks?
    Not necessarily, you could look at only aftermarket shocks, like Koni yellows.
    You can contact Greg from GSL Rallysport (one of our sponsors) for this.. here is some information;
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gsl-r...absorbers.html
    OR Bilstein B8's
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gsl-r...kage-deal.html

With the exhaust, you could look at just getting one of the mufflers and cats cut out, or maybe just a cat back?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Handling, have a look at getting front and rear sway bars.
    Alot of the exhausts for our cars on the market don't drone

IF you want a quiet exhaust . .. Just get the dump pipe and a hiflow cat and keep the standard catback system.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    IF you want a quiet exhaust . .. Just get the dump pipe and a hiflow cat and keep the standard catback system.
    Yep, exactly what I'm doing. Damn close performance gains to a full system without much extra noise.

13. Default

Strut Brace, different tyres, wider wheels, SRI

The sway bars would be great but rear sway bar is a huge job on our cars as you have to drop the rear end out to install so works out costly because of labour time