User Tag List

Thread: exhaust bang

Default exhaust bang

for a little while now. whenever i turn the car and go over some rough road the exhaust will bang on the heat sheilding. I know its the very end of the exhaust/and or the tip which bangs because when comparing where rubber mounts are on a stock exhaust i noticed that i dont have the one at the very end of the exhaust near the tip.

Is any exhaust shop able to put that rubber mount in and weld the peice to the exhaust to stop it from banging on the heat shielding? or would i have to go back to Mazda to get mazda specific mounts put in?

Pretty sure most competent exhaust shops will be able to help you out with this one tone.

i have a similar prob tone, is ur exhaust aftermarket or stok? mine sounds like its knocking or sumthin.... every time i put my foot doewn hard it knocks, im pretty sure its my exhaust tho but cant be certain..

mine is aftermarket. i can put the foot down and its fine. its only if i turn a hard corner that it will rock and bang. ive had someone follow me behind and notice it.

mine is also aftermarket man, yeh i wonder if mine is knocking....

6. Default

Mine is doing the same.

When I get her on the Dyno next I will get them to fix that too.

My symptoms are the same. On turn over, and when going over dodgy roads. Also sometimes when jumping off the gas.

group repair anyone? ha ha

haha yeh, who could fix it? exhaust guy? also i heard that it could be the engine knockin and that i may need new engine mounts..... so yeh i dunno... any thoughts?

If the rear motor mount is broken, the noise will be at the front.

If it is at the back, I'd say exhaust mounts.

Crusher, I'd say the rear mount on yours could just get washers welded into place to locate the system and stop it moving. I noticed this on mine when I first fitted the CES system too, I changed the design while I was there to eliminate this issue in the future. I'll get photos on Sunday to show the washer idea.

yeh its definately rear must be exhaust... thanks for the heads up