User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS 2009/2010 FMIC's

1. Default Mazda 3 MPS 2009/2010 FMIC's

I'm interested in putting a FMIC onto my Mazda 3 MPS 2009 model car. So far I have added a K&N SRI Typhoon kit, a COBB TIP + a turbospeed dual port BOV. Doing my research I've stumbled across a CS (Corksport) FMIC, CP-E FMIC and ATPs Garrett 400hp FMIC for the mazdaspeed 3. One question is whether a FMIC fitted to an american mazdaspeed 3 will fit correctly on an Australian released MPS and secondly whether someone has a bought FMIC fitted on their Mazda 3 MPS car already? Anyones input would be much appreciated.

2XS will be able to give you advice in respect of this.

He has fabricated FMIC's previously, and will be fitting one to a MPS3 (Gen1) this weekend.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mikebrisboy View Post
    I'm interested in putting a FMIC onto my Mazda 3 MPS 2009 model car. So far I have added a K&N SRI Typhoon kit, a COBB TIP + a turbospeed dual port BOV. Doing my research I've stumbled across a CS (Corksport) FMIC, CP-E FMIC and ATPs Garrett 400hp FMIC for the mazdaspeed 3. One question is whether a FMIC fitted to an american mazdaspeed 3 will fit correctly on an Australian released MPS and secondly whether someone has a bought FMIC fitted on their Mazda 3 MPS car already? Anyones input would be much appreciated.
    Hi mikebrisboy,
    We have the CP-e FMIC's in stock & waitting on the Corksport to arrive. Both these kits fit fine. The CP-e kit looks like the better kit for you. As you have already done the intake.
    Please feel free to contact us if you have any urther questions.

sales@mpsgarage.com.au

4. Default

Great thanks for the prompt advice guys, I might look into the CP-E FMIC in that case. Just need to save a few more $$$ before going any further.

mmmm FMIC is tempting.. but not for the $$ they sell for.... i would rather chip the car first.

chip should be done last, to avoid re-tuning of future mods

hmmm..

i dunno.. surely the mps has an adaptive/self learning ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by mikebrisboy View Post
    Wouldn't touch ATP with a 10ft barge pole.

The US FMIC kits will bolt straight up to an AUS MPS.

Out of the listed options, would take the CP-E

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    hmmm..

They do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    hmmm..

They do, yes, but, from a visual point, I think the ECU only learns to a certain degree.

I've noticed on the DashHawk that when I go past a certain part of the throttle, the signals/readings that are on the DH then change. It goes from closed loop (learning) to open loop (what has been flash tuned) and all the learning that has been done, is bypassed while the ECU only uses the base tune.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

10. Default

Don't ignore the TMIC option.

A lot cheaper but well worth the cash (worth at least 10wkw), and the savings can go towards other toys.

$800 saved you are half way to Xede or a similar tuning solution.

does it matter if its a gen 1 or 2 for a fmic