User Tag List

Thread: Gen 2 Possible Problem - Bluetooth Connection?

Default Gen 2 Possible Problem - Bluetooth Connection?

Hi All.
    This morning I trued to use the AUX botton to play my iPod through my iPhone. No luck. Then the phone rang and it refused to recognise the call and didn't allow me to use the bluetooth hands free. I have not had a chance to see if I just need to sync my phone again or if there is a more serious problem. Bloomin technology!

I know that you cannot use an iphone to play music and use the bluetooth at the same time. Software conflict maybe? Hence why i have an ipod and a phone.

MPShiv my iphone works a treat on BT. Plays tunes and when a call comes in it pauses the music and the phone rings through the car audio. When i hang it starts playing again.

Perth Andy maybe try pairing the iphone again.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    MPShiv my iphone works a treat on BT. Plays tunes and when a call comes in it pauses the music and the phone rings through the car audio. When i hang it starts playing again.

Perth Andy maybe try pairing the iphone again.
    I was about to ask this question so thanks for pre-answering it for me, knowing the the iPhone can play music over the bluetooth connection saves me from shelling out for the iPod adapter too.

i found out by accident, but i was stoked. would love control via dash, but cant win em all

So can you use the steering wheel controls to control an iPhone connected via bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    So can you use the steering wheel controls to control an iPhone connected via bluetooth?
    I am not sure about the iPhone, but steering wheel controls work with my BlackBerry.

Just be aware that the quality via BT is not as good as the iPod adapter.

I only use BT for phone calls - which has had a problem lately. It seems every 2nd or 3rd call does not 'connect'. Other person cannot hear me, nor can I hear them. I hang up and call again and it works fine. Possibly the CrackBerry.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpMPS View Post

Just be aware that the quality via BT is not as good as the iPod adapter.
    If the quality is I reset my iphone, and it's *almost* fm quality.

Works every time
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

the quality is perfect with my ipod through bluetooth

i can't control my iphone through steering wheel.

Quality is good enough, but not perfect, more like the above mentioned fm quality

Oh damn, if I wanted FM quality I'd get an FM transmitter..I may have to spend the money on the adapter, but why the hell is it $500?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    Oh damn, if I wanted FM quality I'd get an FM transmitter..I may have to spend the money on the adapter, but why the hell is it $500?!
    There is an "adaptor" that you can purchase at a cost ($500ish), and the ipod goes in the glove box. This enables use of the steering controls.

The BT connection is just a connection. Steering mounted controls will not work, with exception of volume control.

My iphone rests on the cup holders compartment (lid closed...) and have ipod controls on (double tap of the home button...) so its a tap of a finger if i want to skip a track...
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Yeah, I know, I had the dealer quote the adapter thinking it would be about $100-200, I fell off my chair when he said it was $590. I've seen the threads here about installing your own third party one but I would prefer the genuine mazda version but for a difference of $400 it seems a bit nuts.