User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: navigation in gen2 mps

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    There is a trick to this. I came unstuck with the same thing.

It's not available as a global option. ie You have to start a guidance/trip. Then edit the trip and select the options within the trip. You'll see it. Toll roads, ferries etc
    You are a legend it was doing my head in, it is in the edit part once the trip is selected, get the option to avoid motorways or use them.

Default navigation in gen2 mps

It happened to me one day. I had to go to Alexandria from the hills. I knew the way roughly but just wanted to make sure with the GPS.

I started on the M2 and it kept suggesting I get off the motorway!

I know this is too late for we that already own a Mazda, but I have spoken with Mazda Australia and they have told me that they have severed ties with "WhereIs" as they too were not happy with their "service".

Mazda have signed with Tom-Tom and the new CX-5 will be the first to run with the Tom-Tom Navigational system. That is some good news for future Mazda's, we are unfortunately stuck with the current system
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Default Re: navigation in gen2 mps

I can confirm the Tom Tom software is much improved.
    But there are still some gripes. For example once moving It won't let youadd a new route, so good luck trying to enter a new route between traffic lights.

Still, you get free map updates for the first 90 days then you can subscribe for a 4 times a year update package for $49.

The software itself lives on a SD card like the MPS, but unlike the MPS its actually formatted for Windows/MAC so you can view edit things like icons, install colour palates and upload to it a route you previously set up on your PC

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I can confirm the Tom Tom software is much improved.
    But there are still some gripes. For example once moving It won't let youadd a new route, so good luck trying to enter a new route between traffic lights.
    Pretty sure it's that way because of the law. I believe you're not allowed to play with your GPS while driving, much like your phone.
    My Dad's Subaru Forestor only allows you to use the GPS system when the hand-brake is on. Definitely a mega PITA.

You can usually disconnect the wire that is attached to the handbrake, at least when installing new systems you just leave that disconnected, not exactly legal though...

Default Re: navigation in gen2 mps

Well I can do it in the MPS, but that was after I ticked the declaration.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12