User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NON Turbo M3 intake manifold

Quote Originally Posted by vardar View Post
    Great mod man!
    I ve had my eye on the same cosworth mani for some time now and its good to see that some one has done it!
    Are you 2.0 or 2.3 duratec?
    Have you also set the ECU? Whats the outcome of all of this? Did you get what you went for out on the road?
    Where did you order the mani from and how much did it cost you?
    Do you have a dyno-graph?

that car is not mine, but that is a sp23 (2.3 duratec) that is in sydney. Ill be the second car to get a mani once done.

the car above has a aftermarket ECU to prevent it leaning out.

cosi manis are pretty dear but seem quite good if you can get one....pretty hard to find and import.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Blog Entries

I think there was someone in QLD who had a mani done but not sure what brand.

I was thinking of going for Weapon R one, mainly because it seems to bolt up a lot easier.

3. Default

Is the sp23 non turbo? I am from Greece and I own a Ford Fiesta ST 2.0 (108kw)duratec atmosphere. As I said in my previous post i m interested in the cosworth manifold and from what i ve seen from the official cosworth site its made for mazda and ford fiesta. Thats why I am here asking you, you (your friend) are one of the very few I ve seen who s made this mod. Do you know where the order was made from? The official site or some other distributor? Why is it so hard to get one?

The Qld guy also had a cosworth manifold (muzza) and he was relativly happy with it...but sold the car before he really tested it.

As with Weapon R, (from what i read) they have lots of quality control issues and it causes the car to lean out ... big time...if you go weapon R you'll need a ecu upgrade..either piggy back or standalone.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vardar View Post
    Is the sp23 non turbo? I am from Greece and I own a Ford Fiesta ST 2.0 (108kw)duratec atmosphere. As I said in my previous post i m interested in the cosworth manifold and from what i ve seen from the official cosworth site its made for mazda and ford fiesta. Thats why I am here asking you, you (your friend) are one of the very few I ve seen who s made this mod. Do you know where the order was made from? The official site or some other distributor? Why is it so hard to get one?

SP23 is the 2.3 non turbo model. Sorry i dont know if it will fit your car but i know it fits the ford focus.... use the cosworth website and find your local dealer, Ive been emailing the Australian dealers listed.
    Last edited by A Pirate; 13-02-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

5. Default

I will try to get in touch with the local dealers, although I m not really sure I ll get anywhere..
    Thank you very much!

Blog Entries

Ahhhhh nevermind about the Weapon R then

Yeah I wanted to take a look at it before his car was onward sold but never got the chance.

stay tuned when mine is done ill post many pics ... and im up in brissy from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    here is a pic of a cosworth intake mani on a sydney SP23

i know this engine bay ( i have had my head in there often enough)
    Visa - Making Broke Mo-Fo's look like ballers since 1958
    Asking for forgivness is easier than asking for permission - Jesse James
    Wakefield - 1:23.9 (natsoft)
    Winton - 1:55.3 (natsoft)

well if you want to do it all again im sure to chase you up when im ready!

FYI

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Intake-Manifo...123236001r4911
    Last edited by A Pirate; 12-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.

11. Default

hmm.. pretty sure theres a guy in Melb who has a Facelift Mazda 3 Sp23 with the cosworth intake manifold + halltech tune

Blog Entries

Small question...does it matter between cable or electronic throttle bodies?

no not at all, that has to do with your throttle body...not the intale manifold.

14. Default

soo.. any pics.. or any dimensions of the intake manifold off an MPS?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    The Qld guy also had a cosworth manifold (muzza) and he was relativly happy with it...but sold the car before he really tested it.
    Yeah... Muzza had the Cozzy installed (and had it coated with some thermal stuff... in black). He also had a piggyback ECU. He got it tuned down at the Haltech place on the Gold Coast.

From all reports, it opened out the top end fairly well (not sure of the actual numbers, but around the 110 kw mark). Evident from the dyno was also a loss in the low and mid low ranges. I have a copy of the before and after dyno's somewhere i think?!?!

Muzza and I have met a few times, and i asked him about the Cozzy intake mani. Basically he said it wasn't really that good for day to day use. He said that if the car was for the track, it would have been more worthwhile.

So basically, for the NA tuner, the intake manifold would prolly be best left as is unless u want to hit the track with it frequently.

Remember - if u install any of these little babies, you will have to have some sort of additional ECU management to deal with it and tune to it.

There was the option of uninstalling the tumbler butterflies (i think that is what the picture near the top of the page is). Silas did this to his mazda3 sp23 years ago, and said again that is was good for the track, but lost torque down low. He also commented that it used to chew more fuel. He didn't mind about the trade-off here because he raced that little baby frequently. That donk was fairly well modded, i tell u now!

Mod carefully. Think about what your desired goal, and remember, research the trade-offs.

Cheers...

Matt

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Tricache - howzit bro!

elect or cable TB shouldn't be an issue... they are both based on the same platform.

16. Default

I think some of my comments was in regards to the variable intake length removal. That would have a greater affect on the lower range torque band.

Sorry for the confusion on that one.

But please note, removal of butterflies may give rougher cold running, impact on the lower range torque and decrease engine efficiency. There should be some gains in the top end though, and smoother power transitions.

cheers. MC

thanks matt already aware of all these issues and the working or Silas's snail, SPBlings, and muzza's rides. I will not be removing the butterflies on the stock intake and yes ill be getting a piggyback ecu once mod goes ahead.

(I am the old OMC Nice_mazda3sp23 so ive been round a fair while now)
    Last edited by A Pirate; 18-03-2010 at 01:09 PM.

18. Default

Ok cool mate!

Blog Entries

Matt wassup!

Yeah thats what I was afraid of, don't want to lose bottom end!!

i dont know ive heard otherwise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12