User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tunehouse Servicing

Default Tunehouse Servicing

Last week I booked my car in for a service with the guys at Tunehouse at Marrickville, I must admit there was a slight degree of uncertainty before going there, having worked in the immediate area for sometime, I had been on the receiving end of some pretty savage rumors about there business practices.

I am going to say that anything bad that I have heard about Tunehouse is a load of SH!T, they are some of the most polite and professional mechanics I have dealt with in a long time and their workshop is kept meticulously clean, you could quite literally eat off the floor.

The service started with dropping the car off for the recommended option, this was referred to as the Tunehouse Plus service, everything is given a good once over, oil changed, other fluids topped up, battery checked, brakes examined etc.

A few times during the course of the day I received calls advising me of procedures that were recommended to be carried out over and above the Plus service, the recommendations for this particular service were to re-torque all the suspension components (with a real torque wrench, not just some idiot going crazy with a rattle gun) and to perform a decarb service on the intake, I was immediately advised of the additional costs involved with these items, and authorised the extra work.
    None of these shoddy hidden “extra” charges when you come and collect your car with these guys, everything is above board and the work will not proceed without customer authority.

At the time of collecting my car I received a full 3 page report explaining the procedures carried out as part of the Plus service, the additional service items were also clearly detailed, and there were a few items listed for me to keep an eye on between services, i.e brakes will need replacing soon.

I even got a nice, cut vinyl Tunehouse decal on the rear windscreen (they even asked my permission before fitting it), now I normally make a habit of removing these crappy decals as I see them as a form of cheap advertising (my car is not a bill board), but I have made an exception to this one, it is discreet, tasteful and I have no reason to remove it and am happy to leave it in place as a testament to the quality of service and workmanship these guys offer.

Oh, one last point, referring back to my earlier statement about the re-torquing of the suspension etc, I have not heard one rattle gun in my visits there, this is a good thing, there is nothing worse than having wheel bolts torqued so heavily that you need to jump on the wheel brace to unbolt a wheel in the event of a flat tyre, not to mention the additional stresses on parts that incorrectly torqued bolts can cause.

I recommend that anyone in the Sydney area give these guys a go for your next service, even with my work relocating to the western Sydney area in the near future I will be making the effort to keep using Tunehouse for my future servicing.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Nice work Matt....

Great to know...shame i dont live in sydney though....

So Man|ac was right all along... :P

Good to hear, i've heard only good things about Tunehouse..

6. Default

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the kind words. We do things a little differently here at Tunehouse and are very particular about the way we both service and modify cars.

We are very happy to hear your feedback and look forward to looking after other forum members in the future.

Cheers!

Tim and the team @ Tunehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    So Man|ac was right all along... :P
    Please don't mention it

Thumbs up Tunehouse servicing

Hey guys

Just had the car in at Tunehouse in Sydney for a service.

I have been on the hunt for a reliable, honest, and professional service center since my beloved GFS closed their doors a few years back.

WELL I FOUND IT! I think it may even be better.

*HKS SYDNEY - Holden Performance Tuning - Ford Performance Tuning - XR6 Turbo Kits - WRX Kits - Holden Kits - xr6 turbo upgrades - HKS DEALER - VE Commodore Tuning

Tunehouse has my exceptionally fussy tick of approval, and they even fixed my clicking from the front drivers axle, without blinking an eye. "must be corroded splines in the hub... we'll grease them". Problem fixed. Simple. No fuss.

Their workshop.. immaculate, clean painted floor.

Their staff.. Professional, friendly, knowledgeable. We're not talking about guys in greasy overalls. Well presented, uniformed and clean staff. No need to worry about grease all over your leather seats.

Even for a minor service, they found issues that others have missed. They found loose control arm bolts, fwd subframe bolts very loose as well. All retorqued with a torque wrench! Not a damn rattle gun, or a spanner to the calibrated elbow.

My car now honestly drives like new

What else can I say.

I strongly recommend these guys, and will be taking all our cars there from now on.

Cheers guys

Doc
    Last edited by Doc; 09-04-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Merged threads, be sure to email them a link to your post Doc, they like it when people say nice things about them.

ah i forgot about yours..

Damn, why can we have a place like that in Brisbane!!!!

Cause we have you Al....dammit too

Default Re: Tunehouse Servicing

Tune time in few weeks. Going here fo sho cheers doc

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hey guys

Just had the car in at Tunehouse in Sydney for a service.

I have been on the hunt for a reliable, honest, and professional service center since my beloved GFS closed their doors a few years back.

WELL I FOUND IT! I think it may even be better.

*HKS SYDNEY - Holden Performance Tuning - Ford Performance Tuning - XR6 Turbo Kits - WRX Kits - Holden Kits - xr6 turbo upgrades - HKS DEALER - VE Commodore Tuning

Tunehouse has my exceptionally fussy tick of approval, and they even fixed my clicking from the front drivers axle, without blinking an eye. "must be corroded splines in the hub... we'll grease them". Problem fixed. Simple. No fuss.

Their workshop.. immaculate, clean painted floor.

Their staff.. Professional, friendly, knowledgeable. We're not talking about guys in greasy overalls. Well presented, uniformed and clean staff. No need to worry about grease all over your leather seats.

Even for a minor service, they found issues that others have missed. They found loose control arm bolts, fwd subframe bolts very loose as well. All retorqued with a torque wrench! Not a damn rattle gun, or a spanner to the calibrated elbow.

My car now honestly drives like new

What else can I say.

I strongly recommend these guys, and will be taking all our cars there from now on.

Cheers guys

Doc
    doc how much extra did they charge to grease the axle?
    my car due for a service and am thinking about trying these guys out.... and as im sure with most mps's there seem to be plenty of loose suspension bolts ill let you know how they go!

80 bucks from what I can remember...

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Defiantly give them a go

After hearing all the positive comments about Tunehouse, i've decided to book in a service too. Will let you know how it goes. Might ask them to install my turbo inlet pipe too which has been sitting on the bench for 3 months....

silly question, would going there void my manufacturers warrenty?
    just seems like a number of people have stated NOT to take your pride and joy back to mazda dealers, and wouldnt mind a good non-mazda dealer to take my car to, but, call me paranoid, would like to keep my manufacturers warrenty in tack for the moment =)

Yes, if they do log book services, however - if you have a dealership extended warranty (not manufacturers) you will loose that.. not that its worth the paper its written on anyway.

Looks like tunehouse will be getting my business for any, lets say, improvements to my zoom zoom.

Good to see this kind of feedback, as we all know how hard it is to find really good places to take our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Yes, if they do log book services, however - if you have a dealership extended warranty (not manufacturers) you will loose that.. not that its worth the paper its written on anyway.
    yeah, figured as much, was planning on starting a few mods once manufactures runs out (in around a year's time) as 1) i dont need things going BANG on me just yet, 2) still happy with it as is, 3) money going to a holiday atm!
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 19-05-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast