User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2XS Short Throw Shift Plates

Default 2XS Short Throw Shift Plates

Item: 2XS Short Throw Shift Plates (suits the 3 and 6)

Price: $50, includes postage or fitting.

Description: This reduces the throw of the shifter by around 40% No fine tuning is necessary due to it being a fixed object.

Includes: Shift Plate, Pivot bush and Instructions.

Colours: From left: Steel Grey (Mazda), Shadow Chrome Effect, Black Mica (SP20), Silver Metallic (Toyota) , Dark Metallic Green (Nissan), Lipstick Red (Custom) and Metallic Blue (WRC Impreza)

Fitted:
    Last edited by 2XS; 16-04-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Hmmm would interesting to see how your plates perform compared to the JBarone ones, if better count me in for one

I'm in Troy Red one for me..... Same as Al ...
    Last edited by 240MPS; 03-02-2010 at 08:55 PM.

The photos don't do the colours justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Hmmm would interesting to see how your plates perform compared to the JBarone ones, if better count me in for one
    I can't understand how you can fine tune a fixed object?

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I'm in Troy Red one for me.....

Lipstick Red, 1 only, reserved!
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

I can't understand how you can fine tune a fixed object?
    Its cool, you cant understand everything

Its fixed but its an object that moves constantly while changing gears, by changing the size and range from the stock plate it changes its characteristics, so maybe fine tuning is in order?

Maybe your plates dont need the tuning which in my case is a plus over the JBarone ones
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 03-02-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I'm yet to have any issues with mine (and the other test mule) They've been in there for 6ish weeks now.

I dont really have a want for one....but i feel like buying one just to support you....dont know whats wrong with me

Support the "Help make 2XS a rich man fund"?

I guess I was a bit unlucky or maybe just very picky as some people who got the JBarone ones also reported no need for tuning.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Support the "Help make 2XS a rich man fund"?
    Hahahaha

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    I dont really have a want for one....but i feel like buying one just to support you....dont know whats wrong with me
    Oh you gotta at least try it, they worth it!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

You know I'm in Troy.

Sundy.. (if I still have my car? - it's due in for a new bumper thanks to a lady at Coles)

Black Mica - For Team Emo

These just for the 3MPS or will they work in the 6 as well?

i am definately in for one. i seen them in the flesh. they look awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    I think they only fit the MPS3.

No love for the MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    No love for the 6, yet.

I'm working on that one too.
    Last edited by 2XS; 05-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.

I'll have a silver metallic thanks troy............

Sent you a PM mate.

Troy send Col (YOU LOSE) a PM cause he was telling me the other day he was chasing one of these.

And now that he has no licence we can install one

Being a modification/car enthusiast n00b I had to search the net on what a short throw shift plate does and what the benefits/drawbacks are. I read this really good article here:
    What is a Short Throw Shifter, and Can it Damage Your Car? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I think the best line of the article answers some of the above statements about it causing damage to the vehicle:
    "What this means is that often a short throw shifter is used an excuse to slam the car through the gears and rip it out at the redline. Over time, this type of driving is going to destroy the transmission of any vehicle, no matter what type of shifter is on it."

I'll IM you about getting one, and the install too 2XS. Probably a month or so away from committing yet though, hehe.

If you would like to purchase one, or have any legitimate questions about Troys product please feel free to post.

If you have any issues etc please PM me.

Any off topic posts will be removed, any personal attacks will be given infringements.

Im def in now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast