User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to delete the first cat on stock DP

Hmmmm

I really wonder how well Port Matched the Divorced pipe Designes are..

I remember when i had a R32 Golf..

there were two sets of Exhaust headers available...

Super sprint was one and Miltek the other.. both same price

supersprint was exactly port matched... miltek had cheap round ports (not Square ports like on the head)

Lazydog, that was the additional appeal of the CP-e pipe. It bolted onto the stock exhaust in minutes. Sounds good too, quiet but a muted purposeful rumble.

BTW, I still have a 3" CP_e catback exhaust for sale, only 20-30kms on it, as new, back in the box, if anyone wants one.

Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post
    The TurboXS doesn't have a cat in the downpipe btw the o2 sensors from what i can see. Looks like a similar bell mouth to the CPE/COBB DP. The Corksport is the only Downpipe that has a divorced downpipe which is meant to be better for spooling up( ie comes on a little lower than a straight bell mouth design). What's better? that's up for discussion.
    Correct, no cat in TXS dump pipe. They run a highflow cat in place of a race pipe.

CES utilizes spit DP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post
    The CPE and Cobb ones are the only downpipes that bolt directly up to the standard cat back exhaust AND contain a proper High Flow Cat in it. If i had my time again, I would be going for a CPE Downpipe...
    Not true, The TurboXS system will fit a stock catback. But unlike CPE and Cobb, the TXS, CES and pretty sure corksport run the dump pipe as a separate item from the race/cat pipe. Thus buying the two rather than one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Slightly off topic, but i just checked the TurboXS site....
    3MPS Downpipe, cat & labour $899 !!!!!!!!!!

Thats $551 CHEAPER than a Forum Sponsor is doing on a CPE DP..........interesting, isnt it..........

Turbo XS Vs CPe quality though?

Willing to take the risk?

Fair call Troy......just letting members know they have options......you get what you pay for......

Do you really need a cat for the o2 sensor to work well ? ? ? Cause my GTiR isnt running a cat, just turbo, dump pipe to rear muffler and it runs fine. If not even better since the cat was removed alot more punch in high revs

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Do you really need a cat for the o2 sensor to work well ? ? ? Cause my GTiR isnt running a cat, just turbo, dump pipe to rear muffler and it runs fine. If not even better since the cat was removed alot more punch in high revs
    No you don't.... All that happens is the 2nd o2 sensor will throw up an emission CEL for awhile.

No cat.... enjoy the fine if/when you get caught
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    No you don't.... All that happens is the 2nd o2 sensor will throw up an emission CEL for awhile.

No cat.... enjoy the fine if/when you get caught
    Yeah i didnt think it did cause my car has always run fine, if not better since the cat was removed. .

The rule is stupid cause older cars dont have to run cats
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12