User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS. The Media Button?

Default Mazda 6 MPS. The Media Button?

Hi guys.

Ive only had my MPS 2 days now, have worked out most of the buttons, except for the "MEDIA" button. Can someone please explain to me what this button does as, considering i cant find its function in the manual.

Cheers,
    Chris

its for when u plug ure mp3 player into ure aux jack (in your centre console thing)

so u can listen to ure pod etc.

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post
    its for when u plug ure mp3 player into ure aux jack (in your centre console thing)

so u can listen to ure pod etc.
    Not in the 6 MPS, no aux jack.

I have no idea what the button is for though, I don't think it does anything.

I'm pretty sure if you have your mp3 player plugged into the back of it with an ipod adapter then hitting media selects it. So in a normal stock car it does nothing.

Hi Chris,

Good old Media button thingy, when I bought our first Mazda 6 in 2003 my question to the sales lady was what is this "Media" button for? Her reply was in some markets the 6 could be ordered with a tape player/Mini disc (remember those) etc and the media button activated that particular device, not sure how you would connect it though also moved to Audio thread
    Cheers mate, btw post up in the New Members Area when you get a chance
    Chris (another one )
    Last edited by shakespeare; 31-01-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

i think my media button is still a virgin, 2 years on

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you have your mp3 player plugged into the back of it with an ipod adapter then hitting media selects it. So in a normal stock car it does nothing.
    No, not for this either, to select adapter plugged in the back you press the CD button twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooballer View Post
    No, not for this either, to select adapter plugged in the back you press the CD button twice.
    Yeah tested this out the other day. Would have made a degree of sense, but looks like its for the minidisc or possibly cassette that the manual says you can get.