User Tag List

Thread: 118% braking with Yokohama Advan Sport tyres

1. Default 118% braking with Yokohama Advan Sport tyres

I got my 6MPS roadworthy tested today before I sell it and with the Yokohama Advan Sport tyres it produced 118% (1.18g) on the braking test! Has anyone had a brake efficiency test done done with the OEM Bridgestones?

Its the highest number for any car I've had tested.

Blog Entries

Nice one!

(moved to Tyre section)

Don't forget that the MPS6 is noted for having almost the best braking of any mass-production car, virtually regardless of class or price. The only car reported that exceeds the performance of the MPS6 in this area is the new Corvette, apparently.

I look at the pissy little front brake rotors on almost every other car I park next to, including the so-called "world's best driving machine" and wonder how they pull up at all.

Smile I'm with you doug !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Don't forget that the MPS6 is noted for having almost the best braking of any mass-production car, virtually regardless of class or price. The only car reported that exceeds the performance of the MPS6 in this area is the new Corvette, apparently.

I look at the pissy little front brake rotors on almost every other car I park next to, including the so-called "world's best driving machine" and wonder how they pull up at all.

Yes they look pathetic I also use Yokahama Advan S drive brilliant tyre
    Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 29-01-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

5. Default

When I did my defensive driving course my MPS6 had the shortest breaking distance of all other cars there, they are fantastic brakes

6. Default

They're definitely over-rated for normal road use! I do mostly country driving so at 93000km the original pads and rotors are only 60% worn, however I'm on my 3rd set of tyres. It might have something to do with corner entry speed

Thats the best brake wear out of any car I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Yes they look pathetic I also use Yokahama Advan S drive brilliant tyre
    Col
    At one stage i was convinced that the tyres where over rated and over priced
    Im still certain that they are overpriced
    Over rated, not so much as thought

I have since had coilovers installed on my car, and after the run through the hills etc recently it sure did surprise me

ADVAN for the win,

seriously people, you get what you pay for, they are extremely good tyres, everyone here complains that they are expensive, they are cheaper than the OEM replacement, give better noise and tyre life, aswell as improved braking.

and if u think that the ADVAN sports are good tyres, try the Neova AD08, its a whole new world....

Smile Neova ad08 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    ADVAN for the win,

seriously people, you get what you pay for, they are extremely good tyres, everyone here complains that they are expensive, they are cheaper than the OEM replacement, give better noise and tyre life, aswell as improved braking.

and if u think that the ADVAN sports are good tyres, try the Neova AD08, its a whole new world....
    Thanks Heath the Neova AD08 are going on madaz next how are they in the wet ?
    Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 31-01-2010 at 11:26 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

i have just changed to 235/40/18 char ching !!!!

the extra width is a whole new level of grip again, the car seems to crash allot less aswell on bumps but it might be my new ADVAN rims.

in the wet i havent tried the 235s but its wet now and im about to pick up the car from getting my rear guards rolled, will let u guys know how i find them in the wet in 235.

in 215 the grip is progressive in the wet, it never really lets go, just very progressive, slowly letting go unlike a semi that will just break away and leave u sliding into a pole hahah.

i cant wait for other mps owners to get a hold of this rubber, it comes in OEM fitment as well as heaps of other sizes, im on my second set of AD07s on the colt and the second set AD08 fronts on the MPS, i can see my tyre wear improving with the wider fitment as its near impossible to break dry traction with the new fitment.

How do these stack up with the Bridgestone Adrenalins? Running the Adrenalins now (1st set after the stockers) and, compared to the stock ones I'm really stoked.

Anyone had the Adrenalins AND the Advans and want to pass judgement??

Are they priced similarly?

My only criticism would be the wear I'm getting on the Adrenalins, much faster than the stock ones, but then again it gets driven al little different these days