User Tag List

Thread: Best Fuel

1. Talking Best Fuel

Hi all...

I just bought a new 3MPS-L and can't wait to take delivery this thursday :-)
    Have any MPS owners noticed a difference between brand of fule and 95 and 98 octane? Just curious coz I have always used 98 even in my recently departed 5.0. Also, is there a mazda (worksop) tune for the higher octane stuff?

Look forward in reading some stories from existing MPS owers!!!! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Adriano; 26-01-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Smile Bp ultimate 98 --- ultimately the most consistant fuel!!

ADRIAN TO OZMPSClub yes you should use 98 octane fuel it is a general opinion that BP ULTIMATE has the most consisant octane levels a stock mps will handle 98 no problems.

Col

I would not use anything other then 98.

If that is your car in the avatar, I love the colour (do not listen to other people on this forum) and welcome to team blue!!!! (we are a small team but growing)

4. Default

Man, how many threads do we need on Fuel.

Do da search man!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    ......general opinion that BP ULTIMATE has the most consisant octane levels a stock mps will handle 98 no problems.
    I hate it when people talk nonsense about this...

All of the fuels have consistant octane levels. The only things that are different are:

1. Age (imported fuels loose octane and density - shipped fuels have to be octane boosted before distribution - another reason why local is best)
    2. Density (Fuels loose density or efficiency as they get older or if they are shipped from overseas)
    3. Origin (Australia, Singapore, India, etc)
    4. Additives (cleaners, anti-corrosives, etc)

Both BP and Caltex are made in Australia (which is good because they are fresh)

The others are hit n miss IMO

... And if you didnt know, I make fuel for a living......
    Last edited by Wardski; 26-01-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Man, how many threads do we need on Fuel.

Do da search man!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I hate it when people talk nonsense about this...

All of the fuels have consistant octane levels. The only things that are different are:

1. Age (imported fuels loose octane and density - shipped fuels have to be octane boosted before distribution - another reason why local is best)
    2. Density (Fuels loose density or efficiency as they get older or if they are shipped from overseas)
    3. Origin (Australia, Singapore, India, etc)
    4. Additives (cleaners, anti-corrosives, etc)

Both BP and Caltex are made in Australia (which is good because they are fresh)

The others are hit n miss IMO

... And if you didnt know, I make fuel for a living......
    So, what Col said was correct - BP (and Caltex) are generally considered the best?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMPS3 View Post
    So, what Col said was correct - BP (and Caltex) are generally considered the best?
    Yes - but they all have consistant octane levels.....

Saying that only BP has the most consistant octane levels is incorrect. Infact they have the worst record (according to our Chemists as we do a lot of testing in our lab for them), but their worst is still within Australian Refining standards, and far better than the imported flavours.

Can someone close this thread??
    Last edited by Wardski; 26-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Welcome Adriano enjoy the forum,have a look at this and maybe go to the search bar near the quick links and do yourself a favour and search for fuel etc or whatever you need to find out you will find that most questions have been answered if you search. Don't read to much into the bullshit going on... Enjoy the forum Adriano Rino... Click on the fuel below..

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...highlight=fuel
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

8. Default

Thanks for the replies guys..

Blog Entries